UTSA Parking

Anybody have any insight on parking around the Alamodome for UTSA? We didn’t go the last time we played over there. We need about 5 spaces, 2 for vehicles, one for trailer, 2 for tailgating. Any insight on a close location that allows tailgating would be greatly appreciated.

I believe you have to have a parking pass to park next to the stadium and you can only get those if you’re a UTSA season ticket holder. You might have to find someone who has one, or one on StubHub.

Last time, I parked on the other side of I-37 and walked over. Not too bad, but it is a bit warm as you’ll be walking for a little bit. As far as I know, there isn’t a visitor’s tailgate area.

All parking is reserved for UTSA season ticket holders, and I didn’t see very many parking lots around the stadium. Last I looked, some folks were selling parking passes for $80 on stubhub.

We booked a room at Holiday Inn Express, which looks like a farily easy walk to the stadium…says 1/2 a mile.

Our hotel is about 5 miles away. We’ll plan on using Uber to avoid paying for parking. That’s not helpful for the tailgaters though. Sorry.

I talked to someone in the office of the San Antonio City Bus Service several weeks ago and learned that they sometimes run shuttle buses directly to the stadium from several Park and Ride lots. They don’t always do that, and could not tell me about this particular game until about two weeks before the game. I plan on checking again in a few days.

You might want to do the same. If you decide to check, you can get more information by going online and searching for “viainfo.net,” or by calling 210-362-2020.

3 Likes

I went to the last game there. UTSA’s tailgating puts ours to shame. There was acres and acres around the stadium of BBQ pits and tents. think they had more fans at the tailgates then showed up to the game.

So I spoke to the UTSA ticket office, and they advised that our best bet for parking lots that allow tailgating is the lot at the intersection of Cherry and Commerce streets. They told me it runs $10-$20/ per spot per game, and is a 5-10 minute walk from the north gate of the Alamodome. That’s where our group will be set up bright and early on the 2nd. If anybody else is looking to tailgate, you are welcome to join us and make that lot the unofficial Coog lot, just send me a PM.

2 Likes

You can park at Crossroads Mall and take the park and ride, $2.50. Direct to stadium and direct back. No traffic.