Vanderbilt replaces Houston with visit from UConn in 2021

:thinking:

https://twitter.com/AP_Top25/status/1286276125971435520?s=20

https://twitter.com/gocoogs1/status/1286279715410653189?s=20

1 Like

That is a strange move on Vandy’s part. I know we kicked their tails the last time we played them, but still, UConn?

2 Likes

Vandy wants to play someone they have a good chance to beat. :smile:

1 Like

I get wanting a gimme game, but if you wanted that you don’t schedule Houston in the first place. Its not like people don’t know we can be pretty good.

2 Likes

My guess is that Vandy really wanted to insure it had one more win.

probably didn’t want a repeat of last time

1 Like

It is hard to tell whether Vandy initiated it or we did. It appears we have been working on a replacement for a while now, just not announced. Stay tuned!

Sorry to lose a SEC match up, and one we can certainly win as we did easily back in 2015 at TDECU.

3 Likes

They must’ve seen the pain train we have coming in 2021.

Not typical that you see a P5 want to get out of a home game with a G5. It’s usually them trying to get out of the road game.

So, basically we got a one and done deal with Vandy at home? Sweet.

9 Likes

Maybe Washington St is being rescheduled for next year?

Probably trying to add wins with their SEC schedule. Probably realized that life isn’t going to be easy to beat the Coogs going forward. Adding UConn with their drop in status should be a clue.

Can anyone here say…CHICKEN…BOK BOK BOK BOK!!!

:joy:

1 Like

UH is reportedly finalizing contracts with two teams for next year to replace Vandy and the hole in the schedule made when Boise State (I think) moved to a later date.

1 Like

UT got out of a Hawaii trip one year

1 Like

Isn’t that getting out of a road trip to a G5? That probably happens quite a bit.

Let’s hope it’s not Georgia State, Houston Baptist, or the like. I hear Notre Dame might need some games for it’s schedule.

1 Like

Maybe it is a sign that Maddox Kopp will be playing for us and they don’t want his brother playing against him. (His brother is an OT for Vandy)

1 Like

I hope it’s some good teams tired of playing Texas state, utsa types lol

1 Like

Right. I was looking forward to maybe going to Nashville for this but any team getting out of a road game with us that isn’t a buy game is good and gives us more flexibility in most instances.

2 Likes

Chicken Fried Chicken…

1 Like