Good tests for the Coogs to see where they stand. Both schools are mid-table teams.
• The Bearcats enter Friday with a 4-2 conference record and 6-12 overall mark.
• Junior Carly Nolan leads The American in kills per set (4.15), while junior Jasmine Jones ranks third in hitting percentage (.335) and fourth in blocks per set (1.15). Junior Jade Tingelhoff ranks fifth in the league in assists per set (9.51), while junior Abby Williams leads the team in digs per set (3.31).
• Head Coach Molly Alvey is in her sixth year at the helm of the Bearcats. Alvey posted a 38-24 record as the head coach at Houston from 2010-11 prior to taking over at Cincinnati.
• The Bearcats were tabbed second in The American Preseason Coaches’ Poll, receiving five first-place votes.
• The Pirates, who host Tulane on Friday, are 4-2 in league play and 7-4 overall on the season.
• ECU is third in The American in both hitting percentage (.226) and opponent hitting percentage (.177).
• Sophomore Brandee Markwith ranks fourth in the league in digs per set (5.19). Senior Larl Ceriani ranks seventh in the conference in kills per set (3.30), while senior Natalie Montini ranks seventh in hitting percentage (.322), freshman Shelby Martin ranks seventh in assists per set (9.13) and sophomore Toya Osuegbu ranks seventh in blocks per set (1.09).
• The Pirates are in their fifth season under Head Coach Julie Torbett.
• ECU was picked 11th in The American Preseason Coaches’ Poll.