Coogs are pretty tough at home, but SMU is a load. Hopefully the Coogs can get at least one victory this weekend. SMU is 68th in the RPI while Tulsa is 142nd. Coogs are up to 194th
_• The Mustangs enter Friday with a 10-2 conference record and 16-7 overall mark. _
• SMU leads The American and ranks 16th in the nation in digs per set (17.65). The Mustangs also rank third in conference in both kills (13.57) and blocks per set (2.38).
_• Freshman Lexi Nordmann ranks second in The American in blocks per set (1.25), while sophomore Kendall Patterson ranks third in assists per set (10.08) and leads the team in hitting percentage (.367). Sophomore Montana Watts sits fifth in the league in digs per set (4.82), while senior Lauren Mills (3.55) and junior Brittany Adams (3.10) are seventh and 10th in conference in kills per set. _
• Houston dropped a contested 3-0 decision at SMU on Sept. 24.
• Head Coach Lisa Seifert is in her 22nd season at the reins of the Mustangs.
• SMU was picked fourth in The American Preseason Coaches' Poll.
• The Golden Hurricane, who visit Tulane on Friday, are 5-7 in league play and 11-13 overall on the season.
• Tulsa ranks third in The American in digs per set (17.22).
• Sophomore Taylor Horsfall leads the league in digs per set (6.08), while junior Emily Thorson ranks second in kills per set (3.98). Freshman Lindsey Ledyard ranks third among freshman in the conference in assists per set (5.83). Freshman Callie Cooke leads the team in both blocks per set (0.89) and hitting percentage (.276).
_• Houston fell 3-2 in its conference opener at Tulsa on Sept. 22. _
• The Golden Hurricane is under the direction of fourth-year Head Coach Ryan Willis.
• Tulsa was tabbed ninth in The American Preseason Coaches' Poll.