Tale of two different opponents coming in. Memphis is #260 in the RPI which is below the Coogs #233 ranking. Wichita State is #23.
SCOUTING THE OPPONENT
• The Tigers enter Friday with a 0-4 conference record and 7-9 overall mark.
• Junior Kelsea Bivins leads Memphis with 2.72 kills per set, while sophomore Brianna Kadiku averages 1.10 blocks per set. Senior Faith Myers averages 6.65 assists per set. Freshman Alyssa Kronberg ranks second among freshmen in The American with 4.43 digs per set.
• Head Coach April Jauregui is in her 10th year at the helm of the Tigers.
• Memphis was tabbed 10th in The American Preseason Coaches’ Poll.
No. 24 Wichita State
• The Shockers, who visit Tulane on Friday, are 4-0 in league play and 12-3 overall on the season. Wichita State has only dropped two sets in The American.
• The Shockers lead The American and rank in the top 30 in the nation in hitting percentage (25th, .267), kills per set (26th, 14.02) and assists per set (30th, 13.13).
• Senior Emily Hiebert leads The American in assists per set (10.74), while freshman Giorgia Civita holds the conference’s top mark in digs per set (5.58). Senior Abbie Lehman is third in the league in blocks per set (1.21) and ninth in kills per set (3.06).
• Wichita State is under the direction of 17-year Head Coach Chris Lamb.
• The Shockers were the preseason favorite in The American Preseason Coaches’ Poll.