Ward has big game, No. 6 Houston beats UConn 42-14

http://www.si.com/college-football/game/1627010

Classy by the UCONN player that got into it with Ward:

Joseph said the run-in was ‘‘totally my fault’’ before raving about the quarterback.

‘‘He’s probably the best player I played against,’’ Joseph said. ‘‘He’s very electric. That’s why he’s in the race for the Heisman. Just a great player.’’

And I love this:

POLL IMPLICATIONS

The Cougars should maintain their spot in the poll after cruising past an opponent they were expected to beat. But they could jump a spot or two if any of the teams above them lose on Saturday.

Considering that Clemson and Louisville are playing Saturday, I’m pretty sure that one of them will lose.

Yeah he owned what he did, so props to him.

We should be in the top 5 by the end of the weekend, unless the voters decide to get cute with the winner of Stanford/UW.

I think we should definitely root for UW tomorrow night. Stanford is hands down the best team in the PAC, and if UW can win that game at home, I like the odds of them losing else where between now and the end of the season.

I agree about Washington winning; if anything, their non-conference schedule was extremely weak (Rutgers, Idaho, Portland State) and they still have to travel to Oregon and Utah. A nice low-scoring 22-21 victory and I think they’d hold off moving UW up above us.

The Pac 12 is weak this year. Stanford is definitely the top team, They beat Kansas State (who may not be good) and barely outlasted UCLA. Besides Wahsington, they still have to travel to Notre Dame and Oregon.

Or the winner of Wisconsin/Michigan. Can’t believe Michigan is a 10 point favorite in that game. I think Wisconsin can beat them outright.