Warning

My wife received a request for an update on information for voting. The request ask to return the information to the correct voter registration people. The catch was the all the info was correct but her name was missed spelled. So with the push for mail in ballots some one could use this new name to vote the way they want. This was tried around ten years ago so please be careful.

Go Coogs

Thanks for the warning. Here in Colorado we have had mail in ballots for several cycles with no problems. Sorry to hear that there is misbehaving going on in Texas. I would have thought that of Louisiana, but am very sad to hear about Texas.

BTW, the mail in ballots here are very convenient and I love not having to find the correct polling place. I live in Colorado Springs, a very, very conservative place. We have drop off places you can drop off your ballot before the election. Our results are on time and never have delays. It is great and neither party has ever complained in the past as far as I know.

2 Likes

We have mail in ballots in CA too. They ask every cycle if you want a mail in ballot or not. I haven’t voted in person since moving here in 2017.

1 Like

I think 20 years without possibility of parole, pardon, or commutation would be appropriate.

Sorry to dampen one’s concern, but the conservative Heritage Foundation found 14 cases out of 15.5 million mail-in ballots cast in Oregon since 1998. The partisan commission established to check voter fraud after 2016 election disbanded after being unable to document any widespread violations.

Only significant case of voter fraud recently occurred in North Carolina in 2018

4 Likes

Can you describe what was on the form or card to help identify the scammer?

2 Likes

I, for sure do not have problems with voting by mail. There is no problem with it.
Go Coogs

1 Like

Sorry if it sounded like I was being facetious. I really wanted to know if anybody had identifying information on the scammers.

How could we even consider mail in voting? It opens the door for all kinds of voter fraud.
Do you realize friends that we are the only western democracy that does not require a driver’s license or id to vote? This again opens the door for massive voter fraud.
We often hear that Europe does things better. In this case you are 100% correct.
We have been living with the chinese virus since later February. Are you telling me that we do not have enough time to position more voting stations? It would be so much more easier to do so since many buildings are closed or unoccupied.
When you are in the military you adapt. You have no choice. Politicians can’t or won’t want to.

2 Likes

I voted by mail in the military several times.

I dig it.

Don’t knock it.

4 Likes

https://www.votetexas.gov/mobile/id-faqs.htm

You know voting by mail in the military is 100% different. Your identity is known. There is no way to confirm a mail ballot not coming from the military. You can have ballots being stolen or dismissed because one county is known to be leaning one way.
Furthermore our postal service is slower than mail being delivered on a horse. How long does it take for your package to get to its destination right now? It is on average 10 to 14 days. Just alone from possible fraud the backlog created could delay the election results for weeks to months.
The best way to do this is to open more polling stations. It is a no brainer.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/CHueyBurns/status/1289213548120248326?s=20

1 Like

Every eligible voter regardless of political party need to be able to vote, and have it count without being hassled.

We own our home. We have been receiving mail from the two previous owners since we moved in.
Here is the mail that we have received:
Mail in vote
IRS docs
Local DMV
We have notified our local post office.
I have talked to the mail men and women at least 15 yes 15 times.
This is our house, one house alone. How many homes, apartments or other locations are receiving mail that has the wrong destination?
We can all recall the mail in ballot that was sent for a dog.
We can all recall of mail in ballots sent for persons that have already passed.
We can all recall of mail in ballots and persons vote multiple times.

Very discreetly we find that one individual is now facing jail times for stealing and forging mail ballots.
The Chicago area alone has been linked to voter fraud for decades.

The simplest and most effective way is to open more polling places. It’s as simple as it gets.

2 Likes

We have mail in ballots in Washington, also. There are convenient drop off boxes everywhere so you know it won’t get intercepted, I use the one at the library book return. No problems. Granted Washington property tax is much lower than Texas so people actually still live in small towns and rural areas, and mail in makes more sense.

1 Like

False. The UK doesn’t require one, among others. And several European countries, including the UK, allow any-reason mail-in voting.

2 Likes

Who’s hassling?

Here in Colorado it has your name on the mail in ballot and you have to sign the envelope.

I actually don’t like the fact that somebody could look to see who you voted for.

It is very safe and convenient here. I think your concerns are over blown.

2 Likes

If we dont believe in mail in votes does that mean all absentee voting shouldn’t happen?

1 Like