We are going to pull a huge ratings number

On Sunday night when we play OU. Only game on TV, network TV nonetheless, day before a key holiday, and the country is starving for football. With Hurts the SEC contingent will be tuning in. People are intrigued by the CDH hire.

Some of you know I live in Knoxville (home of the real UT) and the Vol-crazy local radio guys were going through the TV schedule and ended up talking about us for about 2 minutes giving reasons (King and CDH) about why we will be competitive and this game is worth tuning in for. Our job from a rating perspective is to keep it close throughout and we’ll draw huge.

20 Likes

Completely agree! Anyone know who is going to be calling the game?

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to see how we match up against previous Sunday night games

Last year’s game was Miami-LSU which pulled a 3.8 nationally, 6.553 million viewers.

Previous year was West Virginia-Virginia Tech which pulled a 2.7 nationally, 4.645 million viewers

2016 was Notre Dame- Teas which pulled a 6.4, 10.945 million viewers.

We probably won’t reach 2016’s numbers, but we should exceed 2017 and hopefully come close or exceed last year’s numbers.

7 Likes

“2016 was Notre Dame- Teas which pulled a 6.4, 10.945 million viewers.”

Patrick, did ND beat Teas Nursery? I don’t remember. :wink:

4 Likes

Mike - The Bonghorns beat ND 50 - 47 in 2OT. The mighty Bonghorns under Charlie Strong only won 4 more games in 2016 to finish 5-7. ND only won 4 games in 2016 to finish 4-8. Hopefully U of H and OU win more than 9 games this year.

6 Likes

We’ll probably find out Tuesday.

2 Likes

My guess … Sean McDonough and Blackledge … and Miss Piggy on the sidelines …

2 Likes

And that double overtime win over a terrible Irish squad was enough for voters the following week to put them top 10.

AP should be forced to repost preseason, week 2, and week 6 polls at the end of the season so we can be reminded how stupid some pollsters are.

5 Likes

Boy, isn’t that the truth…drunk monkeys with a dartboard could do better.

2 Likes

Hopefully the Big 10 is watching and thinking about adding this Sunbelt blockbuster duo.

1 Like

ESPN announced your 3, officially 30 minutes ago. So it is Sean McDonough, Todd Blackledge, and Holly Rowe.

2 Likes

The closer the game, the higher the ratings will be.

Interesting, it’ll be the same crew that did the OU-WVU game last season.

https://twitter.com/Todd_Blackledge/status/1164525509738409984?s=20

6 Likes

Can’t stand her.

yea, better not look foolish doing it

be nice to see King to Stevenson, King to Lark, King to Smith…

need to see…

TOUCHDOWN HOUSTON
TOUCHDOWN HOUSTON
TOUCHDOWN HOUSTON
TOUCHDOWN HOUSTON
TOUCHDOWN HOUSTON
TOUCHDOWN HOUSTON

5 Likes

OU is trying to make our execution as public as Rob Starks!

2 Likes

This game is going to be WAY closer than those geniuses in the Media predict.
I am hoping we pull numbers to challenge the all time (traditional) opening weekend ratings.
And we are set up to do exactly that…:smiley:

3 Likes

Dan- glad to see another Tennessee resident on here- we live in Cookeville…just dropped off my son to start his freshman year at UT last week…looking forward to going to Neyland for the first time, but the best game will be in Norman a week from Sunday…go Coogs!

3 Likes

Lots of people will want to see Oklahoma lose
Potential for big viewing numbers is there
In 2015 king beat hurts 71 to 21 in HS playoff game
Manvel 71
Channelview 21

5 Likes

This will be our (Houston and AAC) highest rated game ever.

Outside of Texas/OU this will be highest rated game involving a Small X team this year.

2 Likes