We are one lucky fan base to have CKS

Don’t think you are going to have to change the title of this thread, Johnny.

1 Like

Anyone who paid attention should have know Dotson was railroaded at Oregon and unfairly treated in a ridiculous situation. Hence the reason we were so willing to bring him here.

He played hard, unselfishly and was a great teammate.

3 Likes

Then honestly you really should look into a situation a little further before you decide you are disgusted. “X school signs X player accused of X” just as a headline is definitely not always the same thing. I’m not saying that the facts couldn’t lead you to that same conclusion and I don’t want to minimize Dot’s accuser at all, but his situation was drastically different than something like the guy So. Miss recruited for football who was accused of sexual assault at knife point and pleaded guilty to a lower charge. It’s also worth keeping in mind that not only Sampson, but Dr. Khator was also willing to put her reputation on the line to allow him to transfer here.

Are you talking about Joe Young? If so, I’m not sure how that has anything to do with it (other than I guess his involvement with that situation, which was kind of odd but also not part of the accusation).

Decorum good people, decorum…

Also this thread’s topic has been hijacked, can we steer it back to the OP please?

Thanks…

1 Like

Someone should delete that post so we don’t give Pete “the rear end of a camel” Thamel clicks.

1 Like

The original topic is that we a lucky to have CKS. That is a fact; but is it luck or dedicated work by Tilman, Renu, and the then AD?

Both. Sampson came here because he was on board with the vision of our administration, but we got really, really lucky that a coach like Sampson was available for us and happened to live in Houston at the time.

I do not know how it happened, but I am glad he is here. He could turn UH into a top three
program year in and year out. You can see his teams grow during the season.

2 Likes