We Need a Tough Running Back

I think we have other options at RB and I have ONLY singled out Catalon as NOT being an option in my opinion. If someone thinks I said otherwise please point out my post and I will correct it, if necessary.

I think there has been a lot of emphasis put on how someone rated coming out of HS instead of how they have performed here IMHO. That also goes for more than the RB, IMHO. To my casual eye of playing FB as a kid and watching football for 64 of my 70 years (we didn’t get a TV until I was 6), I have come to the conclusion that Birden is our best RB, followed closely by Mulbah Car. In time, Car could be the best as he develops. He is a very powerful runner. Catalon hasn’t yet lived up to his billing, again IMHO. I see where he has spurts and if he gets into the open field, he may be faster; but he doesn’t seem to run as hard as the other two.

2 Likes

13/18 is not a RB stat. What the hell are you talking about? And congrats on calling out a college kid. Hero.

Looks like CCoog has made the jump from the Digest to here. Here we go

1 Like

I agree that Birden appears to hit the holes harder and be a tougher runner. He’d be my #1 running back, if I were head coach for a day.

1 Like

I’m surprised no one has hired you to coach a team with your vast wealth of knowledge that you believe you have.

Since you’ve been on this board, which hasn’t been long obviously, you have shown absolutely no true knowledge other than calling people out and saying that you are the only one that knows what you are talking about. Unfortunately, you have provided little to no insight as to why anyone should actually follow your line of thinking other than “I’m right, everyone else is wrong.”

Feel free to go back to TOS where maybe you ruled the roost; I’m sure they’ll love you back over there. You’ve added nothing to this community other than being an annoyance and a pest and I’m done with you.

3 Likes

How about scheming to open up the run game? Did we run a jet sweep at all this year? Our playbook is super thin this year. Its easy to game plan our offense when we don’t have that many plays to begin with.

We ran a couple against Tech. We actually had more variety in the run game against Arizona which is probably why we were more successful and actually had a couple break for big runs.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. We need some Bryce Beall/Michael Hayes type of dudes. Birden and Catalon are good change of pace running backs, but I don’t think that duo is the key to unlocking consistent success on offense this year.

Oh. You mean by doing stuff like, say, I don’t know
calling bubble screens and swing passes so that the defenders have to respect the outside threat?

My mistake Shasta. The correct stat is 14/18. Catalon carried 14 times and gained 18 yards in the San Diego State game. That’s a stat and a fact.
By the way, I was UHQB on the other forum.