We play 4 games in 19 days

We play 4 games in 19 days.

Dana just talked about it. He says it’s never been done before in the NCAA.

4 Likes

Puts us at a bigger disadvantage than folks realize.

4 Likes

5 in 29 days to open this season

2 Likes

I hope they can stay healthy through that stretch.

1 Like

Tulane is pretty much in the same boat as us. When we play them a week from today they will have played 4 games in 20 days. Basically, every team in football that has not had an off week and has played all their games on consecutive saturdays will have played 4 games in 22 days. I’ve heard coach and Pezman harping on this over and over but it just sounds like excuses to me especially since the teams we play don’t have an advantage over us (It’s a friday game for WSU also and because we play on friday and tulane this saturday we’ll actually have an extra day to prepare for them).

1 Like

Also, WSU has to travel

2 Likes

Anytime, anywhere.

I don’t know. We lose 1 day of prep but so does WSU. Tulane only has 5 days to prep for UH on a Thursday night, we have 6.

Normally, to start the season a team has 7 days between games. So instead of having our first 4 games within 21 days, we do it in 19. Not ideal but not a crisis, unless you count PV as a crisis, they had 7 days to prep to our 6. I don’t think that was why we looked so bad in the 2nd half.

The stretch in 2016 was worse. We played 4 games in 19 days but two of those games came with only 5 days in between.

1 Like

For an inexperienced coaching staff, it could be bad with different schedules every week. This should not be a disadvantage for us. The only game we had less time to prepare for than our opponent is PV. We get an extra day heading into Tulane, same amount of days as WSU but they have to travel two time zones and 2000 miles.

1 Like

If you want to take it one game further, we’ll have two extra days to prepare for North Texas as they play on a Saturday and we play on Thursday. So, for our first 5 games we are disadvantaged once (prairie view by 1 game) but had an advantage over two of our opponents (Tulane we get an extra day to prepare and north Texas two extra days). The other two games are neutral.

1 Like

Tulane game is on Thursday . . . . . not Saturday . . . . .

Maybe the way I wrote it wasn’t clear but what I meant was since Tulane plays this Saturday and since we play Friday we have one extra day to prepare for them for our Thursday matchup.