We think we have attendance problem

Nine minutes to tip & TSU might have 800 fans in the bldg. very little improvement from ladies game earlier.

No one cares about TSU basketball in a crappy conference

1 Like

No glasses & fat fingers. Was not intentional for C instead of S

Big donor side almost full. Student lower seating area full. We were admitted for free, don’t know about anyone else. Officiating going from “no blood, no foul” to “I think I saw you touch him, I’ll blow my whistle” z. . . . . Maybe.1200 to 1500 joining us.

1 Like

Sitting in the first row of the upper deck & the entire is vibrating, but not from excited fans.

I would think tcu hosting Arkansas and both having decent teams would be a good draw.

It was fun to watch, lots of fast breaks, wild shots, crops, driving the base line & lots of contact not called. Brought back memories of High School BB back in the ‘60’s.

Speaking of Arkansas, think of what SMU might have if Whitt had not transferred to the Hogs.

1 Like

You sound like a bong horn or giggle talking about UH football . . . . .

That was the Hof for many years. Maybe you should consider the old adage about people in glass houses.

1 Like

I’ve grown weary of attendance as a topic of conversation. It is relevant but we’re the rock solid core of fans that the attendance argument doesn’t apply to. You just can’t get Houston fans to support college sports unless they think it’s a big event or Ariana Grande is singing at halftime.

3 Likes

Did the title of this stream get by you ? ? ? ? ?

We, my SO and I, thoroughly enjoyed two basketball games in the FC this past evening. The ladies team from TSU has some players. One little gal hit several threes from the corners. Brought back memories of Brooks. The best part of the evening was the band, the dancers, cheerleaders and a group of 5 ladies sitting in the stands. The five were seated one in the center of the row, two ladies two rows back and spread out wide, and an additional 2 ladies two rows back but not a widely spaced. When there was a break in the action, the central lady would wave her arm as a signal, then after a short pause, she would get up and dance, then body ripple herself back into her seat. After a short pause, the other four ladies would get up and dance, then sit back down. This was very interesting and fun to watch. The band was awesome, and very LOUD . . . . . Glad they were able to use FC. Parking cost us more than the game . . . . .

Considering the game was rescheduled at 10 pm Friday night to a new venue, school was canceled Friday and saturday and against a team that never draws 1500 was great.

Against Prairie View two weeks ago with no students back due to school not starting they drew 5000 and the year before 7k. Drew 3k against Southern 3 days after New Years.

The question is why both UH and TSU won’t play each other? Especially the women considering TSU has the better RPI so throw that excuse away as it was as high as 40 before swac started. That’s high cotton.

For the men, that game should happen yearly. No reason whatsoever and it should be home and home as TSU has earned enough respect to warrant such.

But we play Alabama State. Come on. We all need each other in houston. Ask the players and they’ll gladly tell you they want to play.

5 Likes

No, it didn’t.

We sold out the Fertitta Center for the season. We have an attendance problem?

2 Likes

Not really but main point is that attendance is not a big issue for Coog basketball at the moment. They sold out on the certain amount of season tiks they agreed to sell. There’s still tiks available to the public on gm/gm basis, plus StubHub always have plenty ea game. But just selling the Season tickets they allotted themselves to sell is in itself a tremendous accomplishment for the Program.

I agree. Posters do that because they don’t have anything else to offer in the way of commentary.

3 Likes

There is an attendance issue but at this point we have to let it go.

1 Like

Its not like we arent selling tickets. The season tickets have sold out. You cant force people to use their tickets.

2 Likes