We went to the Final Four

I still can’t believe it, wish we could’ve had a sold out arena

8 Likes

It was definitely strange for a final 4 with the setup as it was. I’ve been fortunate, it was my 6th finals. There weren’t quite the crowds in the street, the bantering back-and-forth as in the past, and just missing a sense of euphoria of being there. Don’t get me wrong, we had a great time. I was impressed with the number of Coogs that were present. The seating arrangements were odd, being moved from one section to another based on the seeding. Seats that were open one night for some reason were closed the next. I hope for all the younger fans and those that have suffered through the past years will get to enjoy a final four as it should be. This team deserved it

8 Likes

Does anyone know when any TV channel is going to replay the final 4 games again? If so please post it. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

I agree. It’s still hard to believe.

Kinda surreal.

Don’t want to watch us get beat down by Baylor again

5 Likes

We managed to be eye ball witnesses to each and every play off and NCAA tourney game UH was involved in . . . . . Great 4 weekend run . . . . . thanks to the coaching staff and the players for a fantastic season, considering all of the problems involved, the entire athletic department did a fine job. . . . .

2 Likes

With the covid restrictions crap, they should have moved the games to where the Pacers play. That would have been a better experience than watching from the upper deck of the corner of a football stadium. I thought about going but didn’t see it worth paying for that view.

Same here. The set up made no sense and the Pacers were not at home that weekend if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

There were two games going at a time, plus, as I understand, there was a practice court between the two active courts. Don’t think the Pacers home court would accommodate all this . . . . .

1 Like

They didn’t play the games simultaneously though. Also, have them practice at a nearby court such as a university or high school. But of course, all of this is moot now.

Its still totally amazing / awesome to me that we made the final four.

1 Like

I agree and one of the great moments in this old man’s lifetime getting to see the Coogs in person in Indy in the final four.
Hoping I last long enough to watch us cut those nets down!
That said, this past season went way past most of our expectations…

5 Likes

For me, the comeback against Rutgers was the thrill of the year, with the Mark putback the play of the year.

Think of this what you will, but we went to the Final 4, and we weren’t playing our best ball, really not close … except for Deeky who was incredible even with the injury.

4 Likes

Mark has already secured his place in UH history with the putback and one against Rutgers and the game-winning 3-pointer at the buzzer to stun Memphis.

4 Likes

More to come…!

2 Likes

You do realize there is a MAJOR difference in practicing in a gymnasium and playing in a building with totally different lighting, background and a ceiling that is over 100 feet above the court ? ? ? ? ?

But don’t they always practice at local universities? Isn’t that why they have the “Host Schools”? When the final four was in Houston in 2016, OU practiced at our practice facility and due to his OU ties, a story was done because Sampson spoke to their team. I thought the only time the teams actually practice on the main court is during the open practice shoot around for the public/media the day before the games? ? ? ? ? But again, it’s all moot now because we’re talking about a hypothetical.

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1392200767285702657

4 Likes