We're a Basketball School

Just wanted to remind everyone we’re a basketball school. Sick of watching the Coogs lose? Well start watching basketball. Just a few months away. 4-0 in Italy. Go Coogs!

8 Likes

No doubt!!!

2 Likes

Well, we are this week.

2 Likes

I think the football team will be fine going forward. Not an ideal game to start the new era though. Oklahoma is a machine right now with unlimited resources.

2 Likes

They’re going to be fine in a year or two; that doesn’t change the fact UH is a basketball :basketball: school as of today and the near future. I know it’s just his first year but CDH has ways to go before he matches what the basketball :basketball:program is doing :muscle:.

2 Likes

Exactly. Just 2 seasons ago many on the board were questioning whether Kelvin was the “right coach”

10 Likes

Yea I remember seeing that and it was crazy. Those people are mighty quiet now lol.

1 Like

Basketball has the advantage of the championship being open to any team from any conference. That’s why I can’t get invested in CFB, such an unfair system.

3 Likes

Clearly not your best post.

3 Likes

I think bear hacked Dan’s account … I kid I kid …

2 Likes

So you believe UH is in such disadvantaged playing in a G5, I mean… I’ve been saying this like in forever. I just learnt to accept it and hope CDH recruits the HELL out of recruiting season so we have a chance to go to a BIG bowl game and maybe be undefeated in the mean time. I’m more worried about our quarterback situation going forward once King graduates.

2 Likes

Basketball may be our best chance for national attention but if we aspire to get into a P5 conference we need to be both a football and basketball school. Teams like Duke and Kansas are P5 basketball schools but they are lucky enough to be in the right place when the cartel took over. Baseball and Track will add to the sports luster too.

4 Likes

We’ll have a winning season in football.

PRINT IT!!!

Obviously, basketball currently has more upside than football, but just a few short years ago, the OPPOSITE was true.

Given that, I wouldn’t go so far as to say that we’re a “basketball” school. Only a few short years ago…it was the other way around.

And before that, we were arguably a “baseball” school for several years.

JUST SAYIN’!!!

5 Likes

The only basketball schools I’m aware of are those in the Big East, Atlantic 10, Atlantic Sun, Horizon and Big South.

I remember when this garbage was brought up during the GVL years while totally ignoring the Yeoman Cotton Bowl domination. What about the years after PSJ? Were we a basketball school during those inglorious times? Those 30 years clearly didn’t identify us as a basketball school.

This gets my vote as the worst thread of 2019.

1 Like

Kansas is pretty much a basketball only school.

3 Likes

Man some of you guys really hate basketball guess I hit a nerve wasn’t trying to.

4 Likes

Lol.

This site needs an ignore button badly.

8 Likes

Pretty lame thread.

Everybody took the thread too serious lol.

9 Likes