Westfield Top Recruit Keondre Coburn Considering UH

"The University of Houston remains in the running for one of the nation’s top football recruits.

"Keondre Coburn, a four-star defensive tackle from Westfield, has the Cougars among 16 schools still under consideration.

"Coburn, who is 6-3 and 334 pounds, is ranked No. 49 on the ESPN300 list of top national recruits for the class of 2018…

“It remains to be seen what type of edge the Cougars might have with their Westfield connection that includes All-American defensive tackle Ed Oliver and new defensive line coach A.J. Blum, who served as Westfield’s defensive coordinator from 2009-16.”

1 Like

The obligatory…

6 Likes

The thought of Coburn playing next to Oliver in 2018 gets me pretty damn excited.

2 Likes

Our front 7 should be able to wreck shop this year and next. Next year we may be a little shallow at LB depending on whether the freshmen this year will be ready to contribute next year as sophomores or RS FR. I guess it depends too on what D’Onofrio is able to do with them. I sincerely hope we remain an attacking defense. I’m curious to see what Amaud Willis-Dalton can do at LB. He seems awfully small for that position at the college level, but maybe they’ll use him like a Brandon Wilson nickel back. Dang it! I wish football season was here already!

2002 i read somewhere CMA said if it aint broke don’t fix it. that we will remain very aggressive defensively. run basically the same D as the last two years.

That would be great. We definitely have the speed up front to cause chaos in the backfield. We need to get back to the Jack Boyz ways though. Last year was really disappointing on the turnover front.

1 Like

That is all great, but we will have to wait and if the new D.C. has the ability to call the defense as well as CTO did.

Time will tell.

1 Like

Winchester doe :eyes:

1 Like

I think he will but only time will tell…plus hopefully he will not have all the distractions surrounding the program that we had last year…

I hope UH stops the run the way they have the last 2 years.

1 Like

That would be big !!!

It is the one thing that Gibbs could never get done.

We didn’t stop the run vs SMU or San Diego

We held SD to negative yards in the first quarter, then we sucked all around.

Maybe the fact that our DC check out after the first quarter? It was already being announced that he was going to Texas…

1 Like

Come on…almost all coaches bailing after the Louisville game had no effect on the team :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:!

1 Like