What are you doing to help others? - Idea thread

Let’s start a different thread highlighting things you have done to help others during this crisis (if you want to share). This is not to seek kudos, but to give others’ ideas.

Me?

Fund raising for a close friends restaurant that was very new and got hit with this
Looking out after my 72 year old neighbor (Grocery shopping, critical errands)

Working with a non-profit in downtown Portland to feed the homeless (which are getting realllllly hit hard right now).

What are you guys doing, and what links, ideas, and other things can you share?

I’m taking it seriously. At first, I was skeptical. I’m very healthy although I am old enough for my age to be a risk factor. But then I crunched the numbers and COVID-19 is close to 1,000 times more lethal than the common flu and 100 times more lethal than H1N1.

The only way to control the spread is to avoid contact. So, take the social distancing stuff seriously. Cover your face if you have to cough or sneeze. Always wash your hands thoroughly but especially now do it very often.

If you have little kids, make sure they understand what’s going on and how to practice good hygiene. Kids need to understand they aren’t just on a long vacation from school.

Many restaurants in Houston are either delivering or providing take-out even if they don’t do it normally. So I patronize the take-out once or twice a week.

1 Like