What can UH learn from the xfl roughnecks

Haven’t been to a game but have watched both on TV and it seems like a lot. With less than 20k fans there they make the stadium look great and all the areas highlighted on tv have fans on it.

Question for you that have been on gameday are they doing well there on putting on an entertaining product? What happens while we are on commercial? What happens at the half?

I don’t think they started selling upper bowl seats until the lower bowl sold out.

1 Like

How much are the tickets at the stadium?

The roughnecks are really fun to watch.

7 Likes

Yes they are fun to watch. They only started to sell upper decks today.

Those are the worst seats.

I like to sit on the visitor side upper deck sometimes.

1 Like

Nothing !

1 Like

A better WiFi experience, for one.

1 Like

I like the new turf

1 Like

The kickoff team should try lining up at the opposing 35 yard line and not moving until the ball is touched. Would that be helpful?

1 Like

I went to the first game and had more fun than any of the Coog games last year.

The fans are really into it and the atmosphere is great!

I highly recommend it.

1 Like

Rengades suck

3 Likes

We are getting parking, concessions and a portion of the tickets revenue on top of receiving a rent for the use of our facilities.
On top of the 5 games we get to generate revenue and exposure from we may get a playoff game and we will be hosting the championship game.

This is a huge deal for our program and university.
Even better if the Roughnecks can make it to the inaugural XFL Title game I and fill the stadium.

10 Likes

To keep it in perspective.

The Gamblers drew more in their first year. Also the Houston area was about half the size it is today.

I am happy that the XFL is creating some revenue for UH but I view it as on par with when the Dynamo team played at Robertson.

2 Likes

For those that have been to the games, are you allowed to sit in the upper deck visitor side?

Better coaching !!!

And quarterback play.

2 Likes

Not on par with the Dynamo and we will receive much more positive feedback this time around.

Not sure what UH can learn but there is a lot the NFL could learn

6 Likes

…except Cal McNair and Bill Obrien goal every season is to win the Division and be another team’s roadkill on the road to the Superbowl.

6 Likes

Lol…so true…they strive for mediocrity!

3 Likes