What do we do with our XII first paycheck?

We prob need to just stay at 40k for a while and sell it out for home field adv before going to 50k. Also we should stay at the current budget and reduce the money the admin pays into the ath dept.

1 Like

Bring back natural grass!!! At least for Cougar Field. We have angered the baseball gods when we put artificial turf in there! :sob:

1 Like

Strippers and coke!

1 Like

UofH, Rice, B12 / CUSA should invest into creating a website and am or fm radio station that is all about sports in these conferences. Not to include any am or fm stations or programs from the area of Houston. Including any Chronicle sports media. I have heard just about all I can stand from the 790 & 610 types on Cougar sports. They are our worst enemy. If they even give us the time of day. They are angry degrading talk shows that other markets wouldn’t have. Why are we not doing what other B12 and SEC markets are doing and have our college radio stations that interview topics about our people, coaches, players, legionaries who went to UofH. Just like “the zone” types but run by UofH to compete with the other smaller B12 markets that don’t have any professional teams.

Best dollar spent and getting rid once and for all the critics and naysayers.

1 Like

While having more demand than supply (see UHMBB) is nice, doing so leaves money on the table.

There might be times we may need 45/50k seats.

On second thought, as I recall, the only time we’ve needed that many before (in the dome) was for UT, TAMU, OU, Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia and UCLA. Those teams won’t be on the schedule anytime soon.

The Oklahoma State and Tech games at Robertson might have needed that many. I don’t know. Doubt we’d need 50k for them now so I take back what I said, maybe :thinking:

PAY BACK TILMAN FERTITTA FOR HIS LOVING KINDNESS AND SHOW GRATITUDE FOR HIS SUPPORT AND LEADERSHIP THAT IS SO MUCH APPRECIATED BY ALL THE UOFH PEOPLE , STATE AND REGIONS IN ALL NCAA SPORTS.
LOVE YOU MAN!! GOD BLESS HIM.FOR BLESSING US!

2 Likes

cigars and whiskey

I think the new teams have to buy the old teams dinner

#1 Start moving toward AAU status- by far and away the single most important thing we should be doing.
#2 Triple the marketing budget so they can find some people who don’t mind working who know what they are doing.
#3 Devote significant funds to STUDENT and ALUMNI engagement.
#4 Start a fund for a BRAND NEW basketball arena.

1 Like

Buy up all the land in the 3rd ward and knock down the crack houses all the way to TSU
 Eminent domain more land for restaurant and clubs and bars and student apartments skyscrapers!!

3 Likes

I was one who didn’t think we needed to add seats since no UT and OU, but I thought about playoffs and what if we have to host a blueblood in the first round?

It will not look good if the commentator says on national TV, this is one of the smallest stadiums in the CFP this year.

Maybe we can go up to 50-60 seats and have some intelligent design to cover them up where you don’t know there are seats there and uncover them when needed. A canopy could help out too.

Otherwise, we will have to play our CFP game in NRG.

I trust you are joking.

This is not quite Chris at the atm:

Well gang I know what you are thinking.

Let’s start leaving our dream now.

2 Likes

We have the rail and we just need to create more campus friendly atmosphere for those traveling B12 schools coming to TDECU stadium. First impressions are the most important. Expand out borders close to campus so we can control the environment and protect our brand.

People are working hard to restore the Third Ward, not yield to wholesale gentrification. Tap the brakes.

1 Like

State schools cannot expand their borders because they want to. There has to be a serious purpose to acquire land. I don’t think UH has any intentions of crossing Scott street.

The ops building has already been prioritized so we don’t need to wait for the big 12 money.

Staff increase and upgrade needs to be first.

1 Like

1 Like

Palm trees. Lots of palm trees.

6 Likes

Tell that to Texas A&M, Baylor, Texas Tech, TCU, school land growth was part of their infrastructure planning for decades
 land values are going up so buy it now