What happened to Derrick Kately

Hello! This is Derrick’s wife. First of all, a huge thank you to Sukie (sorry if I misspelled) for checking on Derrick this evening and letting us know this thread existed. Thank you for the Phi Slamma Jamma hat! He still has it on. I’m pretty sure he will wear it to bed tonight. Lol. As you all know, Derrick bleeds Cougar Red. He is very happy to have met you, Sukie. To our fellow Coogs, Derrick gave me permission to let you all know that he did suffer a stroke the day after Christmas but is in recovery mode and improving daily. Hopefully, he can rejoin you guys soon as this board is one of his favorite past times. I just wanted to thank you all for noticing his absence and missing his posts. We read the thread together and it made his night! Mine too! So proud to be Cougars! Thanks so much for the well wishes and prayers! Go Coogs!

From THE MAN himself:

To ALL

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the thread sent to all!

72 Likes

Wishing you cont recovery Derrick. See ya on this Board soon.
#GoCoogs

7 Likes

Praying for his continued healing. As you can see, he is very popular on Coogfans. Looking forward to his future posts. God Bless

9 Likes

This is what it’s all about. My prayers to Derrick’s recovery.
If there is anything I or the UH community can help with please let us know.

7 Likes

Positive thoughts, good vibes and well wishes to you Derrick! Get well and get back as soon as you can!

5 Likes

Derrick, I am sorry to hear about your stroke; but very happy to have you back on line. I know that there is a recovery period where it’s difficult to do some things we take for granted, but you will get it back. My prayers are with you brother; hang in there and post when you can.

14 Likes

Hang tough Dk! Continued prayers for you and family. Ready for your return. Go Coogs

6 Likes

Hope you’re okay man. stay Cougar strong. Wishing you a fast recovery.

5 Likes

God bless you and take care of you all.

5 Likes

Good to hear from u Derrick, glad u are recovering! I knew something was wrong u were one of the few that always “liked” some of my posts lol!!! Maybe one day u and banderacoogfan (me) can meet up would like to meet u, get better brother!

7 Likes

I too suffered a stroke. Keep pushing yourself and keep up with your rehab. Celebrate all your victories, even the small ones. Wishing you the best.

12 Likes

Very nice to hear from Derrick and his wife as he fights back on his road to recovery. Keep fighting and driving your way to recovery and celebrate each little victory along the way and appreciate every step.

Take care and be good and Go Coogs!

7 Likes

Will be praying for your continued recovery.

5 Likes

You’ve got this DK, we are all pulling for your rapid and complete recovery. You are missed and we all look forward to welcoming you back. Godspeed!

4 Likes

Thank God Derick is recovering. Man, I was afraid to keep demanding that someone speak up - scared of what I might hear!

Hang in there Derick; you’ve got this! Coogs are tough!

8 Likes

Get well soon!

4 Likes

May the good Lord be with you (and your family) during this recovery, Derrick. God Bless.

5 Likes

Take care and get better bud. We miss you here.

5 Likes

Looking forward to your return DD, we’ll keep the poly train ready for you!

Ummm, you wouldn’t happen to know where the train keys are? The train is blocking CDH’s car, and coach said something about needing to go to the airport. Missing you, bro!

4 Likes

Praying for Derrick!

6 Likes