What happens to the AAC?

I understand that we will HOPEFULLY be looking at them through our rear view mirror, but things seem oddly quiet on the AAC / Aresco front.

You’d think with all the headlines and every major sports outlet reporting that this is basically a “done deal” the AAC would be scrambling to put out the fire or at least making a statement.

Did I miss that?

yes… another realignment thread…

1 Like

Not sure. I just hope Memphis finds a good spot. The only school I feel bad for.

2 Likes

There’s already a what’s next for the AAC thread.

1 Like

I’d like Temple to land on their feet, too. Impressed that they kept going after losing coach after coach after coach

If you’re the American Conference, you reach out to Mountain West and Conference USA teams

Western Kentucky, Louisiana Tech. Schools that are typically good in Football and Basketball

yep my bad. we can lock this one up.

Official Thread Here

They need to add Southern Miss and North Texas I think.

SMU makes North Texas pretty unlikely.

La Tech, Lafayette, middle Tennessee, marshall

1 Like

UTSA and Texas State have huge potential.

I have a high opinion of both Louisiana and LaTech, but my guess is they’re not going to want a second Louisiana school. Or a second Tennessee school, if Memphis is still around. A second Texas school is much less of a stretch. I could also see App State getting in despite ECU because I doubt ECU has any clout.

AAC will be fine. They can work to see if they can get San Diego state, Boise state, Colorado state, Air Force, Wyoming and Coastal Carolina in the conference. That will make them a 14 team strong conference that will be the 12 team CFP every year.

I don’t think any of those schools are going to join the AAC.

if Boise and the two service academies say no, I would take New Mexico, Colorado St, Georgia St, Coastal Carolina, UAB, UTSA,Rice and go to 16 teams.

Then second tier Southern Miss, Western Kentucky, App St.

They will if ESPN makes them do it. Remember AAC is an ESPN asset too. They will have to protect their investment.

Rumor has it to keep the Houston TV media Market they will be sliding SHSU into UH spot. :grin::joy::grinning:

I don’t think ESPN can make them. The best they can do is offer more money in the AAC than they currently make in the MWC, and I don’t think they can do that. More likely to just cut their losses.

I’ll take Mike Aresco over Bowlsby any day of the week and twice on Sundays. At least Aresco has strong relationships with ESPN. Bowlsby thinks taking ESPN to court is a brilliant idea.

It did seem that the AAC was all about self-promotion and I admire that.

It almost seems like most of this was worked out weeks or months ago (probably years in the making) and it is all a planned sequence of optimizing the marketing.

I wish it were more about parity and equal, earned, opportunity.

Aresco did a better job than Bowlsby. Aresco successfully made it seem like there was a chance the AAC would pick apart the Big 12. He just had a weaker hand.