What if they actually open the roof?

I’ve been conditioned by the NFL occupant to never expect to see blue skies on game day but I am really hoping this happens.

Went to the same Advocare Kickoff game last year (went to ASU b4 UH…not for the ags) anyway it was a 6 o’clock kick completely sunny yet hot day and the roof remained closed…I doubt we get it open they usually wait until late fall with cooler temps to drop the top at NRG

I doubt they do it since they barely do it for the Texans, but a midday game in the hot Texas sun may take its toll on the Sooners. Too bad its not a Coog home game.

The beginning of September is one of the hottest parts of the year. No way is that roof opening up.

They can open the roof? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Good one jeepins!. Yea they spent all that extra 100’s of millions to have a retractable roof. I think the Texans have some kind of 80 / 50 degrees rule and little chance of rain to “consider” opening the roof. I have only been to 2 Texans games and my first one was the home opener 2005 Steelers game. Temperatures were in low 90’s and they had the roof open. I could not return to my seat after half time as it was so hot in the lower bowl. Stayed on the concourse. Thought I heard field level temperatures were pushing 110 that day. So the roof will not be open for our game.

It gets just as hot on the Coogs and it does on the Sooners. I want the roof closed because it gets hot on the fans and there will be no wind. BTW, the Coog bench will be in the sun all game long, the OU bench will be shaded at least the 2nd half.

We may never see the roof open at NRG ever again. What a waste of money.

It would be brutal to consider opening the roof for the OU game, it would be brutal on the fans and the Coogs whose bench is in the sun.

It isn’t even a rule. It’s guidelines in which they rarely follow anyway. It is either to hot or to “cold”

What a bunch of suckers the tax payers of Harris County ended up being. Should have just built Bud his stadium. Would have been cheaper and we would have kept our Oilers. I’m opening a whole other can of worms there I realize.

What a bunch of suckers the tax payers of Harris County ended up being. Should have just built Bud his stadium. Would have been cheaper and we would have kept our Oilers. I’m opening a whole other can of worms there I realize.

Totally agree with CougarJim1974. If we had built Bud his stadium (early to mid 990’s??) it would have been significantly cheaper, but we probably would have ended up building another one mid 2000’s. Look at Atlanta. My group went to the Peach Bowl and the Georgia Dome was just fine. When I asked why a new one is needed and one main reason was more luxury suites for more corporate money.

Good point Coog74. But at least we would still would have had the Oilers. That was before the time of a lot of Coogfans here though. lol

We referred to Bud Adams’ proposed stadium as the “Bud Hole.”

1 Like

Who is this coog74? By the way, my name is Jim, so I’m suing coog74 and CougarJim1974 for infringement.

I agree that we should have built the BudDome. If the Oilers had not coughed up a hairball, and instead won a Super Bowl, we’d still have the Oilers and a BudDome.

1 Like

:joy:

I brought CougarJim with me from the old site of which I was a member of for 6 years. I can share though. lol

That dang roof better be closed. The only way my Dad (OU alum) got my stepmom to go was because it’s domed. And the only way I got my girlfriend (OU alum) to go was because I told her the roof would be closed. Honestly, I can’t listen to the complaining for the whole game.

Also - this game will test my relationship with my whole family. They all went to OU. I’m the first to not have an undergrad degree (both sides of Mom and Dad) from OU.

#HTownTakeover

3 Likes

I would have just told them the roof was open and have gone with my dad. Different strokes for different folks.

2 Likes

Sounds like you need a new family. At least until the game is over!

I am Don and earned my BBA in December 1974. So that is why I chose Coog74.

1 Like

I think they are coming to run interference between my Dad and I as it could get super testy. And they know what we are like after we’ve both had a few morning cocktails.