What if

The P5 conferences cancels college football, but the AAC decides to play? Would it give the AAC an advantage as the only conference, or one of the few, playing football? I would imagine ESPN would be willing to pony $$$ to have college football for fall programming.

Wishing thinking?

4 Likes

Curious, isn’t ESPN paying most conferences money and termed it P5/ G5? They are probably in the room while these things are taking place and probably would not do a thing for 1 G5 conference. The separation has begun. ND finally chose a side.

1 Like

Just listen to that giant sucking sound…of the lack of programming across 5 ESPN channels this fall.
Talk about losing money !

1 Like

Well, they can put on some more of their made up sports nobody watches. Or maybe junior golf or reruns of old high school games.

2 Likes

It shows just how unorganized college football is that instead of having one decision that goes for all the leagues you have 20 different decisions and no one is on the same page.

2 Likes

They also began airing live The National Spelling Bee a few years ago…
Nothing says “Sports Programming” like some middle schooler spelling a pluperfect verb that I have never heard of…

2 Likes

I mean, yes, college football is disorganized, mostly because it’s not just one league. That’s by design, even if it’s biting the sport in the rear end right now.

Wishful? Yes.

Very similar to the 50 states and how they’ve dive their “own” thing during this pandemic.

2 Likes

Send your thanks to Oklahoma.

I don’t know about getting more , in 2020.... espn is hurting .....but it could elevate the american in the future...with no mac, mw, big or pac...the interest in each game could become higher.....fans in ohio for instance could gravitate to UC games and see other american teams and the level of play as a result. the popularity of the conference could be enhanced....viewership =

sec and acc have a lot of east coast time slots…with no west coast product save for BYU…Texas teams in american and big12 become the best west coast viewing options

0% chance the AAC moves forward if all the P5 conferences cancel.

take that to the bank.

1 Like

No one knows what is going to happen. This could all get shut down in a month. Or we could play a whole season. Anything in between is possible. All we can do is hope for the best.

1 Like

I selected my seats. (Typed in a Marlon Brando “On the Waterfront” voice where he said, “I coulda been a contender.”)

For you younguns that don’t know what I’m talking about:

1 Like