What’s going on with Mark

Everyone(not coogs fans) are going to be so shocked with how good Mark will be next year. He’s going to get comfortable, bishop with beef him up, and he’s going to be getting buckets. Unfortunately for UH past couple years our freshman have to learn the hard way and get thrown into the fire. But Mark Shead Roberts Powell are all going to be really good for us.

2 Likes

CKS has a saying through the years it’s basically “our freshmen are not freshmen in March” since they’ve played so many college games by then. If that’s true for Mark it will be huge for our upside as a team.

I remember Bill Yeoman saying a player was, “in the throes of the quarterback experience,” meaning he was in a tough patch in the development process. I think that’s where Mark is, and that he will be a fine player over time.

This will be a different March; with all of the non conference games that were cancelled, the kids played a lot fewer games. There’s also a difference in the amount of practices normally held that COVID prevented. This freshman class is at a big disadvantage compared to normal years.

2 Likes

Anyone notice how much KS was pulling for Mark. He really celebrated his put back shot and the drive and dish for an assist.

Mark is coming along, still just needs to see a couple shots go in the hole.

8 Likes

Spot on. He looked much better today, especially his energy, quickness and aggressiveness. COVID seemed to affect him more than anyone else.

He still plays on his toes like a lot of freshman but the lightbulb is starting to return. Remember this game in mid February.

He’s going to be a treat to watch grow up.

2 Likes

I agree and commented on the game thread today that CKS was trying to pump up TM for his play. I think it is going to pay dividends!

1 Like

One of CKS many talents is knowing when to be good cop as opposed to bad cop, depending on the player. One previous player did not respond well to either.

1 Like

He ripped into Shead early, but then talked to give and gave him confidence and Shead finished really strong tonight’s game

5 Likes