What’s up with King?

Seems very foggy. Needs to get things cleared up ASAP.

2 Likes

Accuracy is way off these first 2 games.

3 Likes

He looks uncomfortable and indecisive in the pocket. Maybe he’s still learning the offense?

9 Likes

He and his receivers are definitely not synced up. He’s even misfiring in what should be automatic passes. I expected more progress between last week and today.

9 Likes

Sums it up nicely.

Thought today would be a showcase of passes and td’s with all of our receivers but that was not the case.

2 Likes

I don’t think he is playing instinctively, Looks like Dana has the reigns on him. There were numerous times he could have taken off for huge gains but he stood in the pocket. His timing is disrupted when he plays that way .

6 Likes

3 offenses and 4 coaches in 4 years

14 Likes

King is better on the run, he’s not a pocket passer. I understand if he gets hurt there goes the season but having him stand back there takes away so much of his game that makes him special. Ward was the same way, he was not near as effective when they made him stand in the pocket.

6 Likes

Briles King >>>>Holgorsen King

ducks tomatoes

4 Likes

His mechanics are wrong, and his confidence is really shaky. Not the same kid who torched offenses last season. Maybe the injury took a greater to toll than than anticipated.

I

3 Likes

He’s already said his knee feels great. That could just be talkly talk but I think he’s more uncomfortable with the offense at this point. Had plenty of time in the pockets on many occasions and totally botched several pass attempts.

2 Likes

I think it’s the new offense.

3 Likes

Not enough Stevenson. He’s a total game changer.

The only problem with Briles’ offense was that it kept our defense on the field way too long which led not only to a tired bunch but eventually injuries.
I like what DH is doing, wanting to mix up the offense with running and passing. That takes some pressure off the defense…and Lord knows this rebuilding defense needs all the help it can get LOL

3 Likes

We do not know what is in D’Erik’s head. What we know right now is that his mechanics,including his footwork is all over the place.That’s the biggest concern for me. It is obvious to everyone that the OL is not in synch with the passing game. At this point of the season the running game has been a real positive. This leads me to believe that our passing game is next. We gotta be patient. It is hard to be but we have no choice. D’Erik better improve this week. He has all of the tools to do so.

2 Likes

King was plenty comfortable in pocket until the SMU game last season. He thew darts and bombs to Stevenson, Lark, and Corbin vs Texas Tech. We have seen only a shadow of his passing ability since then. Could be multiple factors at play here including offensive line breaking down but I feel like something is just off.

2 Likes

I agree with you Will. There is something out of sync with King. Missed several passes against PV last night that would have big gains and or TD’s. Don’t know. Could be CDH holding him back.

3 Likes

They should let him be him. Tailor the offense to King. You can’t change him from his skill set.

Exactly…Dana being a bit too protective and trying to take his scramble away. King is instinctive.

He scrambled in the 1st quarter and we racked up 24 points. Didn’t scramble after that which makes me think CDH put the clamps on him at that point.

7 Likes