What the Red Raiders are saying before they get wrecked

Kinda funny seeing Tech fans hop on their high horse when after 20+ years we have the same number of Big12 conference championships.

12 Likes

Bitter people because they have never have experienced a NY6 bowl.

1 Like

They can have the horse. We’ll be down here with our conference, heisman, outland, and NY6 bowl trophies. It’s all too heavy for that horse to carry.

7 Likes

“As coaches, you’re usually just trying to get things corrected, you know, even if its practice,” Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury said. “I think from that point of view, that’s what we’re trying to do. Things that we didn’t do so well, we gotta get better at. And we go from there.”

While he was anything but loquacious when asked about the lopsided win over an FCS opponent, Kingsbury was quick to mention he was pleased with the play of freshman Alan Bowman who earned his first collegiate start under the center. The second-semester freshman threw for 282 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions on 22 of 25 passing.

This is what Accuweather is currently showing for Saturday. Doesn’t look like wind is going to be much of a problem, except for the breeze Tech defenders will feel as Marquez Stevenson flies by them.

4 Likes

Tanner is an idiot

3 Likes

Would be interested to know exactly what he’s basing his “King is overrated as a passer” on. It can’t be actual game film.

1 Like

probably saw last season and made his assessment from that. smh

I think the oddest thing about Tanner’s comment is that he acts like King has been getting a ton of hype for how good is passing is. Who has been overrating him? Who has even been hyping King?
As far as I can tell, in order for him to be overrated as a passer he would have to be unable to throw a forward pass. The fact that he can successfully pick apart any defense means he has been underrated.

6 Likes

I tend to agree it will be harder for King to get loose if Dakota Allen is spying him, but King springing long runs is not what this offense is about anymore. In fact, it hasn’t been since 2016. King’s pocket composure has been first rate this year. He doesn’t get spooked easily and when he has had to leave the pocket, has shown the ability to throw a nice pass on the move. I don’t think Dakota Allen spying him is going to have much of an impact on this game unless Allen is actually blitzing and getting to King. Otherwise, Allen keeping his eyes in the backfield is going to open up the middle for Brooker and the slot receivers for huge gains when the outside WRs take their defenders deep downfield. The Ole Miss receivers didn’t have much problem beating the Tech DBs, so I don’t think Stevenson, Lark, Corbin or Smith will have many problems either. The problem, if any, will be hauling in those dimes King puts on them 40 yards down field.

Anyone know this Tanner guy’s Twitter handle so I can tweet at him with #OverratedPasser during the game?

3 Likes

King already has the same amount of td passes in 2 games than he had all of last season.

6 Likes

if someone find his twitter pass it along to me as well.

@ZTanner247

1 Like

Texas Tech has been the Red Light district of the BIG12 since it began and the SWC before that. They have never been an outright champion in either conference and the closest they did come to winning one was when UH beat them in Lubbock in 1976.

You read their posts and you see bitterness because of decades of being average. TCU, Baylor, Kansas State, Oklahoma St., W. Virginia, and yes even Kansas along with UT and OU, HAVE experienced playing in a BCS/N.Y.6 bowl game since TTech played in the Cotton Bowl because Aggies were on probation and Tech was in a 4 or 5 way tie for second place in the SWC. Only Iowa St have not, but Iowa St. defeated TTech 66-10 in 2016 and 31-13 in 2017. Yikes, that is 97-23 in two years.

So they are now throwing condoms onto the playing field. Sounds appropriate since prostitutes always have them in their purse for protection. The Jones, home of the Red “Light” Raiders.

4 Likes

Not just pick apart but but toss it 60 yards right into the receivers hands. now if they’ll just catch this balls…

1 Like

Tanner said they will have a spy, but I don’t buy into that a bit. Talk about a way to make the passing game a complete track meet and we have speed. This isn’t a QB where running is his primary threat. I doubt TT coaches aren’t as dumb or ignorant as Tanner.

I can always count on Patrick to come through with the needed information.

4 Likes

I was gonna say, I don’t condone violence, but I’ll bail any Coog out that puts an idiot in his place for throwing tortillas or batteries. Gotta love the class of Lubbock…:roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Top 5 things to do in Lubbock.

1. Tractor racing
  2. Tumbleweed chasing
  3. Bronco busting
  4. Cow tipping
  5. Buddy Holly Museum
3 Likes

I think it would help us if they have a spy, especially if it is one of their best LBs. The way to beat a good passer who can run is pressure up the middle along with mixing up coverage to confuse them. King’s deep ball can eliminate coverages though, doesn’t matter if it is zone or man if you are throwing it 50 yards down the field, lol.

1 Like