What UH Football Player

Was on the Debra Duncan show this morning?

Lol, I don’t know but I can’t help but think of a high school history class when I see Debra Duncan.

I had a coach and he would read the newspaper to us so we would learn current events (i.e. so he wouldn’t have to teach). Sometimes he would turn on the TV to put on the news and Debra Duncan was on during this time. He would always say, who the hell is Debra Duncan?

Sorry to derail the thread. That just takes me back and I had no idea she was still around. Lol

3 Likes

Sounds like I would have flourished in that class :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I found out my Junior year (high school) girlfriend was cheating on me thanks to her show :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Let’s hear that story!

3 Likes

I’m with Bo
gotta tell us
:smiley:

2 Likes

Sorry @cougarrick
all eyes on the magic 8-ball @888888888888

4 Likes

Fine with me. Should be a goody.

3 Likes

Nothing too wild. Our school had a class that would go watch a live taping of the show once a semester. My girlfriend was in that class as well as a guy I had known since elementary school. This wasn’t someone she would’ve known I was close to because we didn’t run in the same circles anymore. I was the average guy who made most of his friends playing sports, he was a respected member of a Latino gang. Totally different but those early friendships last. He flags me down in the hallway one afternoon and asks me if I’m still dating my girlfriend. I say yes and he says, “man, I swear I saw her kiss a dude in our class”. I looked at him strange and asked who. Even in our small school I didn’t know the guy. He says, “you’ve always been my boy so I wanted to let you know”. I told him thanks and said I would check into it.

So the girlfriend denies it, of course, but I’m starting to hear some rumblings from other people. Fast forward about a week and the same guy tells me the class had their field trip to the Deborah Duncan show. My girlfriend and this guy were canoodling the whole time. At this point I believe he offered to do some damage to the guy but I told him I would do something if need be.
The wheels fell off and the relationship ended. For some reason this guy was telling everyone he was going to kick my ***. I wouldn’t fight over a girl but this was a different matter. I found him after class, he swung at me with brass knuckles (someone warned him ahead of time), he missed, I threw him down and commenced to beating on him.

They dated for a few months then she tried coming back to me. I told her no thanks.

13 Likes

That was dang good.

1 Like

Wow
never faced brass knuckles. Most people don’t realize that whoever misses first usually loses ! A close friend of mine and I got into a scrape with a crazy dude with a baseball bat at a Jack in the Box at 2 in the morning. My friend made the mistake of getting OUT of the car. He was getting a beating, so I had to join, got beat pretty good myself, both ended up at Rosewood ER

Thankfully, there were no cell phones back then, or I would have been on Debra Duncan getting my ass kicked😃

4 Likes

Stories from our younger more adventurous days!

2 Likes

The first miss and also the average ‘tough guy’ has about 10-15 seconds before the adrenaline dump happens and then he is useless.

1 Like

My Dad was in the army when Billy Martin of the Yankees was in as well. I asked him if he was a tough guy and he said not really but he always figured out how to get the first lick in. I think he said he drove around in a pink caddy too.

1 Like

There. Who is that?

1 Like