What's the story with the baseball facility?

I believe March is what they were estimating at my son’s visit earlier this month.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/CoachTRooney/status/1072116041508159488

https://twitter.com/CoachTRooney/status/1080828799783182336

Can we get that “Houston Cougars” sign on the pressbox facade re-painted?

3 Likes

And power wash that wall.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/CoachTRooney/status/1108710920224718848

1 Like

It just seems there is something off about the Baseball program. Don’t feel the energy game experience seems down from previous years. No T-shirt toss, salata strike out watch etc… Seems they are just going through there paces. And going on three years and new facility is still not done. Makes me sad.

2 Likes

I feel the same… I’ll keep going and buying season tix and might even get one of their nasty hot dogs on occasion because I love baseball and this time of year but there is definitely a loss of energy from previous years as we seem to keep looking for some kind of consistency across the board with this years team.

Does that sign light up?

3 Likes

The Bark in the Park weekend was depressing. Last year, there were tons of dogs in the ballpark and a pretty full stadium for the Bark in the Park game. Went Friday and Sunday this year and I think there was one dog for each game. Can’t speak for Saturday’s game; might have been more with no basketball game that day.

I think some of the lack of excitement is because basketball is consuming most UH fans right now. However, the baseball team hasn’t done anything to warrant pulling attention from the basketball team as of yet. Hopefully, they can get it going, but it’s looking like this team is what it is and it is very flawed.

4 Likes

It doesn’t help that every year the baseball teams start off playing terribly. The softball team right now has a much better team and deserves more of the attention. Seems like every year we are good enough to compete in our conference but not to make an NCAA tournament run. The lack of excitement can be seen in how it has taken 2+ years to build the new facility while Fertitta Center got overhauled in one.

1 Like

Anyone has a status on this? Wasn’t it supposed to be completed by May?

Q: What is the status of the baseball clubhouse? — SpaceCoog

A: An update from UH coach Todd Whitting — an open house preview for Dugout Club members will be held Saturday during the Tulane game. Completion of the facility will come this summer, and the team will move in upon reporting for school in the fall.

1 Like

It seems like the date keep on changing.

Yup…money keeps drying up and the weather isn’t helping much lately.

It was originally supposed to be done before last season.

This had to be the longest sports project from shovel to check-out in school history.

5 Likes

Is the Houston Baseball Development Center & Clubhouse completed or still unfinished?

Finished

5 Likes

That is some terrible marketing by UH if the baseball clubhouse is finished. I have not seen a single thing about it on social media or anywhere. That should be a big news item because of what it will do for recruiting. It seems like sometimes UH just drops the ball on publicity. Almost as if it is not football or basketball the marketing department could care less. I mean a tweet is free to send out.

2 Likes

I’m guessing they don’t want to bring attention to it taking 3 years to complete.

3 Likes

They’ll make a big deal about it when the season starts. No point in hyping it up now in the offseason when focus isn’t on baseball.

3 Likes