When was the last time Coach Applewhite held a presser

Am clueless here, but when was the last time coach held a presser or stepped up to the MIC. Yes, we get a 2min snippet from Duarte once in a while thanks to P-10, but boy is quiet over at Cullen or what.
It’s like a media eclipse all of a sudden, (pun intended)

Three weeks ago. I expect one next week as we will be in prep mode for UTSA and the season.

They still haven’t made the QB official yet…

He stated why.

When is the Coog Coaches Show (can’t remember the name - Coog Talk or something) going to start this season. It was on Root sports a few days before the game. Kevin Eschenfelder hosted. Go Coogs!

Press conferences should start next week since it’ll be game week.

The TV coach’s show…usually they announce something around now. They haven’t announced the weekly coach’s show time/location yet either so hopefully something comes out soon. It’ll be interesting to see if Major moves the show back to at night or if they keep it at lunch.

I trust Applewhite to handle the QB battle. No one understands the dynamics more than him as he was part of one of the biggest QB controversies in the history of college football. (Applewhite vs. Simms)

I was asking myself the same question. They have not announced anything, but here is what I found regarding the Coaches Show this year. I was hoping they would change locations. The prior place has bad JuJu from the former.

*Note that it will “air” at 7pm, but the live show will be recorded @ 1:00pm.
http://www.uhcougars.com/footballradioshow.html

The first show is Wednesday, Aug 31, at the original Ragin Cajun (4302 Richmond Ave.) and will air that night at 7 p.m. A full schedule of the Major Applewhite Radio shows can be found below…

Date Recording Time AM Radio Air Time
Wednesday, Aug. 30 1-2 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 6 1-2 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 13 1-2 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 20 1-2 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 27 1-2 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 4 1-2 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 11 1-2 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.
Tuesday, Oct. 17 12-1 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.
Wednesday, Oct. 25 1-2 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 1 1-2 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 15 1-2 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 21 12-1 p.m. KPRC 950 AM 7-8 p.m.

2 Likes

But wasn’t Applewhite on the good side of that controversy? He was a Senior and fan favorite that had to split duties with a highly rated incumbent with an interception problem. Isn’t Postma technically the Applewhite to the Sims, highly rated golden boy that most have already crowned a starter, Allen?

1 Like

Thanks for the info on show times!

so yeah, he is going to give it to whoever gives us the best chance to win. Unless promises were made.