Who do we replace UCONN with/ UConn FB hires Jim Mora

Southern Miss, our old CUSA rival? Marshall? Gulp, Rice??? Who would you like???

No one unless the networks require it to fill up their inventory. Without a network there’s not much need for inventory.

9 Likes

None of those lower tier schools! BYU or a bigger name school or just stand pat

1 Like

Stand part. UConn leaving is not significant enough to promote a lesser program.

4 Likes

Oh the irony!

10 Likes

Army.

1 Like

I WOULD ONLY CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING:

BYU
OHIO UNIVERSITY
BUFFALO
COLORADO STATE*
SAN DIEGO STATE*
BOISE STATE*
SOUTHERN MISS
UAB
TORONTO**
NOBODY and we ALL get a raise from the TV money, minus the departed

• *only if part of a Western Expansion plan
    ** only if part of becoming the first conference to expand into Canada and the huge Toronto market.
3 Likes

“The AAC got better today.”

Buffalo wants in.

Alice in Wonderland has less fantasy than this one.

3 Likes

No to Buffalo…

8 Likes

Hard no on Southern Miss. Hard, hard, hard no.

10 Likes

Do not replace UCONN with anyone.

13 Likes

Why not Duke !!

Safe in ACC…

No to all CUSA. There I’ve said it.

3 Likes

North Texas
Texas state

I doubt we go west coast, that would be way to much traveling, the conference would span the entire country.

No need to expand unless BYU is interested.

4 Likes

Regarding the new AAC tv contract:

“The ESPN contract also includes language that would protect the network, should marquee schools, such as UCF, Cincinnati or UConn leave for another conference.”

So we might be taking a pay cut.

2 Likes

One wonders how UConn became a marquee school… Oh, that’s right, they are located in the northeast !!

5 Likes

I say the AAC takes either Army or BYU as football only and VCU or Dayton for Olympic sports only.

UConn saw the writing on the wall, they weren’t going to get a P5 invite. So make a move that puts destiny in their own hands, go to a bigger basketball conference and avoid the embarrassment of not getting picked up during the next P5 musical chairs sweepstakes.

UH should stay focused on winning, helping the AAC advance and make itself a turnkey option for some P5 down the road.

Silly season started earlier than I thought it would.

3 Likes

The only two that interest me are Boise State and BYU. All of the others will feel like we are back in CUSA. If we can’t get either/ both of those, then I would just rather stay at 11.

3 Likes