Who should be the "feature" running back?

Wonder how Duke Catalon would have done in this offense.

1 Like

5.9 yards per carry if you take out the 3 sweeps to Marquez Stevenson.

Specifically, the RBs average:

Carr 8.5
Justice 7.9
Car 5.3
Williams 4.3

For a combined average of 6.2 ypc.

Williams leads the way in carries with 19. Then Carr with 16, Car with 13 and Justice with 7.

5 Likes

thats still good.

Whoever it is, Iā€™m just glad itā€™s not our QB

3 Likes

Patrick Carr is our best rb. Then Car and then Williams. Heā€™s the quickest to the line of scrimmage and the other 2 run more like fullbacks.

1 Like

He had his chance to be here. Like his Coach 3500 sq ft home wasnā€™t big enough. Had to go to 6,000 sq ft home. Plenty of room to sit wherever you want!!:grin:

Speed at WR really helps the running game. Bringing safety help for run support becomes lethal to a defense when Stevenson is smoking your CBs on the go route.

1 Like

I listened to the Arizona post game podcast and they were in awe of Williams size and ability to pick up a blitz with such ease.

Catalon would play just like he did in the old offenseā€¦

1 Like

I think this is where Williams is providing the most value. Running he needs to stop dancing at the line and just find a hole.

1 Like

how do you know?

herman offense:
inherits elite rushing offense in texas ,and instantly turns it horrific

briles offense:
turns average run offense in fau to best in the nation instantly, goes back to average the year after he is gone (note all 3 years with the same rb)

its a fact hermans offense makes rbs look bad, and briles offense makes rbs look goodā€¦
why would catalon look the same

1st and 10, start of game, going with Patrick Carr makes the most sense so far. He isnā€™t as effective on obvious running downs but he makes big runs the most often. Iā€™m not really impressed with any of the backs on short yardage situations so 2nd and short, bring in the biggest one just to keep the defense in the box and do just as many play action passes as runs. 3rd and short, obviously whoever has been the most consistent on gaining yards after contact. I feel like we havenā€™t had enough of those situations to call someone the obvious short yardage back yet.

I was never a fan of Catalons. Poor performance in one offense was all I needed to see.

2 Likes

Need to find a goal line back still. Tried Patrick in that situation Saturday, he didnā€™t look like the answer in that situation, though I think overall he should start the game. I would try Williams on the goal line. I think he would naturally hit the hole faster with the end zone right there.

#10 is the goal line back. Half joking.

1 Like

Mulbah

Until our line shows they can get a push up front, Iā€™d rather see King run an outside option. Heā€™s very good at cutting up the field as soon as he sees a hole and I like our chances of falling forward into the end zone better if thereā€™s 1 or 2 guys trying to make a tackle on the move as opposed to 6 or 7 guys in the box clogging everything up.

1 Like