Who Wants an Ed Oliver Bobblehead?

Is that an official UH account? Probably not smart to call Heisman voters out on Twitter. Seems counter productive to the campaign in the first place. They received a gift, they are selling that gift. Who cares? (and yes I get the injustice of it all, but you gotta be smart about this stuff).

1 Like

Call him out on Twitter???..he deserve to be Call Outā€¦the cheap dim-Witt!

I wonder what his employer thinks. Send this to the Athletic Department and they may put some pressure on him to cancel.

Because the former winners and most of the legitimate sports journalists know if an amateur athlete tried to do this, they would be suspended. Why is it ok to sell that but it wasnā€™t ok for UNC players to sell the Jordan Nike shoes?

1 Like

Because thatā€™s what the rules are. Crappy, but themā€™s the rules. I was just asking if an official UH Twitter account is calling out a journalist who is selling the gift he received. Defeats the purpose (if that purpose is actually a Heisman vote consideration and not just publicity.) Iā€™m not debating fairness.

You guys are way overreacting.

Itā€™s his property. He can do with it whatever he wants.

WTF would the NCAA have to do with what a reporter does with a piece of plastic that was given to him, AND THAT HE DIDNā€™T ASK FOR?

And trying to shame the guy or call his employer is entirely counterproductive. The goal of sending out the bobbleheads was to put Ed and UH in a good light. A bunch of UH drama queens taking shots at him probably wonā€™t move him towards that goal.

Get over it.

I look at it as an opportunity for me to get one of those bobbleheads. And for that, I thank him!

3 Likes

Speaking of Ed, heā€™s at the North Shore/Westfield game tonight at Spring Stadium. He was just interviewed by Lauren. Westfield needs to get it going though. Itā€™s 21-0 at the half!

You think the rules donā€™t apply to Heisman voters? There is something wrong in Denmark if anyone can make money off of Oliver except for Oliver or anyone associated with Oliverā€™s school.

Chump change

Then just give it away. Pretty stupid to lose Heisman voting ability over chump change.

North Shore may be the best team weā€™ll see for a long long time. The majority are underclassmen so it isnā€™t a one off.

Make it a point to go see North Shore. They are the best Houston team this century. Not an exaggeration.

1 Like

Is that against the rules? I havenā€™t seen a link posted here.

They beat Katy in week 1 and now crushing Westfield whoā€™s no slouch. They did just lose their QB for the season but still, very impressive.

No thatā€™s not an official UH account. An official account would never be locked.

1 Like

And you werenā€™t expecting this to happen? Duh. I had been checking ebay almost daily for the Ed bobblehead and somehow missed out on one that went up for sale a couple of weeks ago. It went for $32 plus $8 for shipping. It must have been a Buy It Now that someone snatched up very quickly. Anyone here want to come clean?

https://twitter.com/LaurenLealTV/status/1040420739470577664

2 Likes

I wonder what the Heisman trust think of this? A quick phone call should take care of this idiot fairly quickly. Maybe this idiot will donate his ā€œwinningsā€ to the Heisman charities.

1 Like

They probably wonā€™t care. If you donā€™t want this to ever happen again. You need to be advocating for a rule change to make it illegal for universities to send gifts to voters. I canā€™t really understand why so many Coogs are upset.

If someone had, out of the blue, sent me a Tim Tebow bobblehead I would be mildly entertained. Iā€™d pull it out of the box. Bobble it a few times. Maybe pretend Tebow was having a seizure or something. Then set it on the counter for a day or two. Iā€™m not a huge fan of Tebow or Florida and Iā€™m not 5 years old. So to keep clutter down Iā€™d get rid of it. Realizing how many people love Tebow, Iā€™d might even put it on ebay to make sure a big time fan got to enjoy it. Then Iā€™d forget about. Up until Saturday when Iā€™m watching sports and hear Tebow made a great play. Then Iā€™d smile and remember the bobble head. Maybe even think how fans loved him enough to buy that thing for $150. This continues all season long until the time to vote comes. Iā€™m voting and see a bunch of names and am trying to remember who did what. Because, my mind could help but think of the bobble head every time Tebow made a great play. I can remember better than others how good he really is. Then I vote for Tebow.

Thatā€™s the general idea that UH is going for. We donā€™t expect these non UH fans to keep this thing forever. And guess what? I think it could work. At least until some boneheaded fan makes a big deal out of nothing. Then instead of a smiling at the memory of giving Tebow a fake seizure on hearing his name, Iā€™m going to roll my eyes and think of the crazy fans.

So take a chill pill and let the psychology of a bobble head work.

3 Likes

If you donā€™t see the hypocrisy of Ed not being able to make money off of his own face, name and hard work but so called journalists can cash in on gifts made in good faith, you are the one that needs the chill pill.

1 Like

Windmill at 10 oā€™clock.

2 Likes