Whose He?

Does anyone remember when we would yell “whose he” and then read the newspaper while the other team was being announced?

When we scored our first hoop the papers would go flying.

That is one of my favorite traditions at basketball games.

12 Likes

Yes indeed.

1 Like

I remember it happening at all three games this year, sans the newspapers. Kids today probably don’t know what those are.

4 Likes

Whose He?
Their He!

Whose He?
Our He!

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

who reads an actual paper anymore, let’s all bring are ipads and phones and read those after the whose he chant :wink:
we used to wad them up and throw them when they announced the coogs to

1 Like

Yes, I do…fun times during my Coog days…

You could probably get a great sponsorship from a tech repair business if folks threw the ipads and iphones in the air afterwards. :joy:

2 Likes

It’s “who’s he?” As in, who is he?

It’s different than “Whose house?”

1 Like

Who’s he? He’s a scrub! They have been doing this the last few years

2 Likes

It wasn’t just a newspaper it was the Daily Cougar. Do they even print that anymore? Surely not.

2 Likes

Hey man, I don’t care how they spell it or if they’re thinking of a special guy in a grammatically poor way, as long as they’re making the right sounds at the right time. I won’t judge. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I well remember that. Great fun!

And, yep, I think it was The Daily Cougar being tossed.

1 Like

They were doing it since PSJ when they actually had crowds. It fell out when there were only a handful of students at the games.

I believe they still print them. It would suck being a student and not being able to read the Daily Cougar in order to stay awake in class. Geeeeshhhh what is society coming too.

1 Like

I think it no longer prints daily. When I was finishing my degree I would read it but it was a significant difference in the amount of students who would read it then as compared to when I was a freshman in 94.

My dad said when he took an economics class in the 60’s, the woman who taught the class would say “No reading the Daily Coooogar in class.” (she stressed the “o” sound)

1 Like

I was at a game between the Quebradillas Pirates and the Bayamon Cowboys. Speed stick gave out mini samples as a promotion. Three minutes into the game the refs were pelted by 5000 deodorants and the chant, “You Stink!”

6 Likes

I like the yell that some students do at other college games - the one that goes “I - I believe - I believe that we will win.” Really gets the crowd in the spirit of the game before the game even begins!

1 Like

I loved that back in the day especially when the crowd shouted it in unison right after announcing a opposing player. Also what happened to the chant “Bullshit” when we would get a bad call?

There was a loud BS chant during the LSU game

1 Like