Why Memphis, UCF are Better Than UH

Good point, but I was thinking in terms of continuity and building a sustaining program.

1 Like

You are forgetting the Tigers’ Larry Porter era. I wish to @#$# I could.

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY believes that Houston isn’t one of the top 3 or 4 programs in this league. You guys kinda got dealt a weird hadn’t with this redshirt thing (still not sure that was fair to the fans). But it’s only a blip on the radar. Next year, and going forward, ya’ll are going to be a handful for everyone.

5 Likes

Everybody talks about the red shirt problem, but someone explain to me exactly outside of King and Corbin would have made us better? With that in mind, we won’t know until January if both of those players are coming back…the only other senior I can think of is Jones, and that is because he had a season ending injury. Mulbah Car red shirted and I am not sure why since we are kind of thin at running back.
Now if you want to talk about transfers waiting to get eligibility, then that is different. And I doubt many of the freshman would have made much of a difference either…;

Come on guys. Every programs has its downs. Before Saban got to Bama, even they were down. Heck we almost beat them his first year! Same with LSU. Look at UT and ATM right now. Down. Arkansas? Nebraska? The situation at UH isn’t unique. Its just amplified because we care.

3 Likes

Let’s put this into proper context. UH started playing football in 1946. In 1966 UH went 8-2 and was ranked #17. In 1967 they beat defending MNC #3 ranked Michigan State and #5 Georgia. So, I would say after playing football for only 20 years, UH was doing well.

UCF started in 1979, that was 40 years ago.

We almost beat Bama, LA Monroe did…

It’s watered down so It’s easy for dynasties to form in football on the high school level. The secret Is to control your talent base and limit schools being built.

Once HISD and Fort Bend weakened it opened the doors for everyone

ATM is playing just about how they always have…average. The hype machine tries to lead us to believe that they are this great power that always dominates.

1 Like

I would love for UH to be average in the SEC.

I would love for UH to be the best in the SEC.

I would love for UH to be the best in the AAC lol

Hell I would love for UH to be the best in the AAC West

4 Likes

Those who are talking assistant coaching turnover and “system” turnover in comparison to UCF and Memphis are just plain wrong. Memphis has a new DC this year. UCF had a coach get poached recently. Memphis had a coach get poached recently. They’ve had coaching and system turnover just like us. UCF had to start a true freshman QB who absolutely torched us for 3 quarters. It’s HC. That’s it. Good HCs make good assistant hires and it doesn’t matter if they’re in their first or tenth year. Good HCs recruit and develop good QBs and it doesn’t matter if they’re freshmen, seniors, new system, whatever. Now I’m willing to give CDH time he has a good resume compared to our past hires but where we are in 2 seasons will be because of CDH. It’s that simple.

Memphis and UCF made good hires after their recent poaches. We didn’t. And here we are.

And I’m really talking 8-wins good here the seniority of the team, new systems, assistant coach tenure, etc. matters more when you’re trying to go from 8 wins to conference title. That’s more cyclical amongst the top programs which we are not in currently.

1 Like

It is an easy guess that both Schools have lower Academic Standards and thus may sign a player who could not be recruited by UH and many others.

First of all, they are not better…in general.

I think the jury is still out on whether Hueple is a good coach. He might get the Herman award for coaching abilities…but he doesn’t seem to be an AH like Herman.

And there’s always some excuse why some other school is able to overcome adversity and we are not.

1 Like

UH be the best period.

The title of this thread is so wrong. The Memphis and UCF football programs my be currently out performing the UH football program but no where in the multiverse are they better than UH.

3 Likes