Why not pick up a game on September 12th?

I know many on here think it is a good idea to wait until our first game at Memphis, but why?

I know you limit the risk for injuries by waiting but you also miss an opportunity to get reps and exposure that first week of the 12th when almost everyone else is kicking off, including Memphis.

Why shouldn’t we schedule a tune up game that weekend of the 12th?

Should probably hold a full game that week with second team.

Get a game in either week 1 or 2 so we can work some bugs out

The greatest improvement a team has is usually between the first and second games.

We ought to try and schedule someone prior to the Memphis game for that reason, if for no other.

1 Like

Last year we sure didn’t look better in week 2. I liked our 2016 first game a lot!

7 Likes

Things gave been pretty quiet with the season coming up and everything…feels somewhat concerning.

I want at least one more game!

1 Like

Exactly. I sure would like to have one “tune up” type game before Memphis.

uhlaw97

The greatest improvement a team has is usually between the first and second games.

We ought to try and schedule someone prior to the Memphis game for that reason, if for no other.

AGREE…need to get first game jitters out of the way…Important to get a game in before Memphis…

They have not been able to schedule anyone

Nobody wants to be on the losing half of a one-and-done, and nobody wants their half of a home-and-home to be played in front of reduced capacity. That’s going to make it difficult to strike a new deal.

1 Like

I love your posts Giena!

2 Likes

Thanks!!

1 Like

I thought Tech had
HBU and they dropped out. How about them now?

Baylor has an opening I believe

TCU is free now!

C’mon folks, we’re not going to schedule a Big 12 team the week before we open AAC conference play on the road at Memphis.

1 Like

You think lol

1 Like

TCU already picked up SMU

If we’re going to schedule a game we need to do it now, but according to my son Memphis is their opener

1 Like