Will TTech/Ole Miss Advocare game sellout?

Looking like there are a lot of tickets left. Wish I had some of the screen shots from the UH/OU game leading up to it selling out (3 days before game day) to compare.

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/event/3A005461DC817DC8?dclid=COH97OXoztwCFclsAQods00OcQ

Also, looks like they are playing with available tickets. Yesterday they didn’t stagger the available rows like they’re doing now. I remember they held back sections for the UH/OU game leading up then released them as necessary.

Also, I don’t remember $25 tickets…but I had mine as part of season ticket package so I wasn’t paying close attention.

Oh wait…here is a screen shot of UH/OU available tickets from 7/29/16…over a month out…

3 Likes

Tech helped us pack out Robertson. TDECU not so much.

Will not sellout.

Still sold 36383 at TDECU for Tech. Above average. Kinda surprised that we announced more for Rice (38900). If we don’t go on a good run we might have some ugly numbers this year.

It looks like it’s Ole Miss fans that aren’t buying tickets. Tech side has sold notably better than Ole Miss…

hell no. its so bad that they sent me an email offering me 2 hot dogs and sodas for 12 dollars. LOL

1 Like

Ole Miss may travel but they are not buying tickets to this game yet

Who are we to criticize anyone about game attendance?

Sure NRG was sold out for our game against Oklahoma, but we can’t even consistently fIll up a 40K seat stadium during the season.

Those in glass houses should not throw stones.

7 Likes

He’s not throwing stones, he’s just saying that UH should host the thing every year against a major P5 school.

7 Likes

I’m not so sure if it’s an issue that two teams, each over 500 miles away from home, don’t sell out a 70k seat stadium when two local teams will have trouble selling out a 47k stadium the same day at the same kickoff time. I just hope we have more TV viewers locally.

1 Like

If UH wants to host P5 schools at that stadium they can do that. We opt not to do that. The ones hosting those games, obviously go with advertising dollars, not ticket sales.

If Rice has some hype of it’s own, this game would sell better.
Let’s say UH comes in billed as Goliath and Rice takes on the role of David. Very little known about Rice with the new staff and such.

given that there are no upper level seats on the visitor’s side at rice stadium that means less tickets to be sold. i’ll be shocked if it wasnt a sell out.

Who cares ?

4 Likes

This will be the worst attended NRG kickoff game ever. Ole Miss has trouble and Kliff has lost his mojo. Tough sell

4 Likes

Unfortunately, we won’t know. We’ll be on CBSSports which doesn’t give out ratings.

I’ll be at the game, but I will still stream the game at home to help with whatever metrics they’re looking at

My tv will be on the game, but I will be there. It’s probsbly a good thing that cbssports (or whatever it is) doesn’t publish ratings, going against ESPN would be too tough.

I plan on getting YouTube TV (I am a cord cutter). They have a robust sports package. They count streaming numbers these days.

2 Likes

Agree…ticket sales and butts in seat are very different for this game. Very little local interest. Will be surprised if actual attendance is above 35 to 38K…and that is optimistic…IMHO !!!