Will TTech/Ole Miss Advocare game sellout?

I think the main takeaway is the Big 12 “claims” they hold enough of the Houston market and believe adding UH would only cover territory already in the footprint.

Poor attendance to this game would help counter that argument.

1 Like

Attendance would be a pretty bad metric for us considering what our attendance was last year. TV viewership is what the big 12 is more interested in so that would be interesting to compare their game versus ours after adjusting for being on an obscure network

I saw a very flashy, ornate red UH sombrero in Progreso in June. Unfortunately, it was way to small to fit on my melon sized cranium. $75. They had an orange Astros one too. The only sombreros they have that fit my melon are the straw ones. I’ve sprayed “Camp Dry” on my sombrero so it doubles as an umbrella as well as a shade tree

Just got an email from Ticketmaster.

Two 300-level tickets, two slices of pizza and two sodas for $60.

FWIW, the tickets offered are in the second deck behind the end zones, which are pretty good seats.

I guess they’re saving the nosebleeds for a separate special offer later.

2 Likes

Lolol

Looks like they are getting desperate to sell tickets

1 Like

Either that or get rid of some old pizza.

3 Likes

Oooooh Ole Miss and Papa Johns… the optics of co-branding those two…very challenging.

6 Likes

1LJ%20laughing

1 Like

Guess we are desperate too. Now offering 4 tickets, 4 hotdogs and 4 sodas for $100 for the Arizona game.

2 Likes

Yea that whole glass houses thing.

2 Likes

But they are P5…no excuse! If us lowly G5s don’t sell out…well we don’t have the “prestige” the P5 do…

1 Like

We are hosting an unranked P5 in a 40k stadium. They are two unranked P5’s playing over 500 miles from home in a 72k stadium. If we have to make better deals to sell the tickets, then it’s like saying, we have less appeal in our home town to college football fans than two random unranked P5 teams. Do you really want to say that?

That’s just silly. The Advocare is an event game like a bowl game, and in an AC filled NFL Stadium. Our game is at 11am in horrible early September weather. Whatever gets them in the stands, I’m all for it.

3 Likes

Make it a 6 or 7pm game against Tech and Arizona, we would sell out. We just don’t have enough fan base to sell out 11am game. Suck but that’s reality. Even when Herman was here, we couldn’t sell out the 11am game against navy (announced 40k+ tickets sold but a lot of empty seats) or the CCG.

1 Like

Because 11am bowl-like games in September are a big draw? Now that’s just silly.

It may be like a bowl game but it isn’t a bowl game. Unlike our game vs OU it isn’t included in tech season packages so for teams whose fan bases will have to travel away it doesn’t have near the draw of a bowl game.

If our game vs Arizona was held in San Antonio in the Alamodome I would expect about the same crowd as is going to show up at TDECU. The actual attendance not the announced.

It’s a kickoff game. 1st game of the year. Did OU fans show up? Yes they did. Not silly.

1 Like

A kickoff game where ou was coming from a playoff season and ranked #3 in the nation versus our victorious coogs ranked 15.

And you’re comparing that game to unranked ole miss and Texas tech? That fish don’t fly.

Comparing this year’s AdvoCare bowl attendance to us that same day in our own home town makes us look bad so quit while we are behind.

1 Like

You have Ole Miss where players and coach have left playing Tech where Kliff’s honeymoon is over. Looked good when booked.

1 Like