Will TTech/Ole Miss Advocare game sellout?

Once again, the Advocare game is not another college game.
My cousin and his family will be there again as they have since it was created. They received ticket options from the Texas Bowl which they have attended since it began.

He has discovered over the years that many sitting by him are like him. That is they have no college affiliation what so ever, not only with who is playing, by none with any college.They just like attending the event and renew each season.

He has also discovered that many seats are purchase by corporations for clients and again, they usually care not about who is playing as long as clients want to attend.

Sounds like a bowl game arrangement, YEP.

So if you want to continue debating who is bringing the most fans you first need Advocare to release the number of tickets sold to seasonal ticket holders like my cousin and how many seats are purchased by corporate and scalper/ticket companies.

So do not confuse the attendance of this game with a Texas Tech, Ole Miss. with the UH home game. Then there is the "we will prostrate ourselves along with our president and AD to the ESPN/Media gods and attend when ever they command. News flash, UH gave its students an education with emphasis on becoming thinkers not blind (aggie) followers. Using logic and reason many fans look in the mirror and say, nope no nose ring and do not believe in a caste system where my place is assigned and I must obey and accept what is offered/told to me.

YEP, UH is a great place to get a college education.

So you are saying that the majority of the UH/OU game tickets were corporate clients and fans with no college affiliation?

In his defense he did not say majoritybut many. Regardless that simply further makes UH look bad in our home town.

Yeah, I was just baiting him into saying it was a small amount of people. Which of course wouldn’t increase because two random, far away schools were the teams. That and he leaves out the fact that corporations have a chunk of tickets to Cougars football, basketball, the Texans, the Rockets and the Astros. When we have 40k to show up for a home game, less than 25k are actually UH fans that bought tickets with their own credit card. A good 15k is students, opponents fans, corporate tickets, radio giveaways, invited guests, coaches and players families, etc.

I think the whole fight in this argument is some of the people think Advocare should have UH as one of the two teams more often. It leaves out the huge problem of us already having a full schedule in some years, us not wanting to give up a home game for it and Advocare finding opponents willing to travel all the way to Houston to play a “neutral site” game against Houston to start their season. We know OU regrets scheduling the game.

At least you finally admitted that you try to bait people on this board. No need to respond, you have been unmasked.

2 Likes

Actually corporate accounts are the base that makes P5 schools have larger crowds. Yes they have a larger fan base due to things like being the state flagship school, and/or having traditional rivalry games where fans will attend regardless of the rank or record of the teams.

I have a friend in the oil/gas business and he has had UT season tickets on the forty yard line for over a decade. He did not attend UT and pays thousands each year for the seats because he has valuable clients who like to attend a game or two each year. His girl friend has several season tickets to A&M even though she went to an northeast university. She is a real estate broker and many other brokers in her firm have either UT or Aggie season tickets. Yeah, non of them went to those schools nor care to attend a game unless someone wants them to go and that someone is shopping around for a high six figure or low seven figure home.

A college P5 university in the SEC, BIG10 is especially a wise investment in season tickets for many small to large corporations in one of their teams region.

When you have arrived, corporate season ticket sales will soar and that is ANOTHER reason being in a P5 conference is so valuable.

Unfortunately uh isn’t ready for that. At least it wasn’t 4-5 years ago. My gf at the time was in charge of entertainment spending for a fortune 5 company. I convinced her to buy suites for her company to UH games. Her ceo was a fan of golf so there was also opportunity for the golf program to get some sunshine. Despite me telling the athletics department exactly what to say to seal the deal they dropped the ball and even said no thanks.

The hlsr instead received close to a million dollars for the company to use the rodeo to wine and dine bigwigs.

What does this have to do with the AdvoCare game? Nothing. But it does show that you don’t have to be in a P5 to have the opportunity to deal with big corporations. You just have to take advantage of it.

1 Like

Your example does a good job of illustrating the fact that we need people in place that really get the concepts of marketing the program, fundraising, customer service, etc. These people do not necessarily need any real in-depth knowledge of what it takes to make the teams successful on the field. A love of sports in general and the ability/motivation to sale the program works wonders. We obviously did not have it back then, but I hope we are better today and actively working toward further improvements. Go Coogs!

2 Likes

I don’t have anything official but I do expect UH to play in NRG in the future. UH proved to attractive against a top (box office) opponent. I think we’ll hear more soon.

4 Likes

Yeah, once again, I don’t think it’s about Advocare wanting us, it’s about finding an opponent willing to make that trip. I can picture a school like A&M going for it because they have enough local fans and it’s close enough to home to be somewhat neutral. I don’t see us being lucky enough to get another OU without major concessions.

Also want to note we have our OOC schedule filled from 2020 to 2023. Hopefully we aren’t in the works on moving one of our home games like Boise State, Texas Tech or BYU to the stadium.

I agree. We need to be playing six games in TDECU every year.

It’s a deal for kids and they are playing the long tail game with kids. Get kids to the games make some memories as a family, get a hot dog, a drink with pop and who knows that kiddo may be a Coog Fan for life. Some folks have three + kids. 4 hotdogs is not enough haha

Pezman is working on that.

Teams willing to play UH at NRG are schools that want to recruit Houston but for whatever reason have lost their recruiting base. I would think Nebraska and Colorado would want to play us.

Both Colorado and Nebraska still recruit CA and Colorado has plenty of trips there in P12. Nebraska will also dip into FL so not sure either feels cutoff from talent. Not saying they wouldn’t want a game in TX but not as critical for them.

1 Like

Oof:

https://twitter.com/TexasKickoff/status/1035965890406359040

2 Likes

The outside overhead shot of The stadium showed slot of empty parking spaces.

But let’s go back to glass houses talk.

So right JD.
Let’s not call others out when we aren’t doing any better.
Go Coogs!

Isn’t that an all-time low for this game?

No, the 1st one between Oklahoma State and Mississippi State in 2013 only drew 35K. However, the other 3 hosted in NRG were all over 66K so this was much lower.

Hopefully, it’ll make the guys over at NRG talk to the TV partners next time they schedule a game at the same time as ours. Shouldn’t have happened. Not saying that their attendance would have been much higher, but it didn’t help matters for us or them.