With Catalon still sidelined, UH hopes Birden keeps complementing offense with TDs

This was posted Monday before the news that Catalon would be available; still playing catch up

With Catalon still sidelined, UH hopes Birden keeps complementing offense with TDs

“It feels good, but I couldn’t do this without my offensive line,” Birden said. “The coaches put me in this position, and I appreciate them for the opportunity.”

2 Likes

He seems to have been money in the Red Zone.

2 Likes

From what the Chronicle wrote, Catalon’s has been cleared, but another concussion and the doctors will shut him down for good. One thing I hope we are doing is analyzing what we teach as far as tackling and protecting one’s self. We have had too many concussions and need to find out if it is a technique issue, equipment issue or what.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed that two. For some reason whether is patience, vision, or whatever he seems to find the hole better and take it in. Your key words being Red Zone. He has done this from goal line to 5 yards out and 10 yards out. I truly think he was under utilized last game (despite 3 TDs) when we were running our QB up the middle for some unknown reason.

Birden has also been really good at keeping his feet moving after contact. On at least a few of his red zone TDs, he’s been hit at or behind the line of scrimmage but got into the end zone. He runs tough for such a small guy.

1 Like

It is crazy to think the dude is only 185 and getting good YAC. He kinda reminds me of Warrick Dunn back in the day.