With huge opening win, UH grabs everyone's attention

With huge opening win, UH grabs everyone’s attention

Victory over OU fosters probable zipup poll, mention in CFP conversation

By Joseph Duarte

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:6nkNm0f8EgYJ:www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/cougars/article/With-huge-opening-win-UH-grabs-everyone-s-9203283.php+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Statement win over Oklahoma prove UH belongs in Big 12
Jerome Solomon
Chronicle Subscription Link
Google Search Link

Coaching and effort are why Brandon Wilson was able to grab a missed field goal at the back of the end zone and race 109.9 yards (100 yards officially) to a third-quarter touchdown.

“I’ve complimented UH plenty, last week, all summer, going into this game,” Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops said. "Why would I change that now?

UH helmet stickers: Top performers vs. Oklahoma

Top performers from the University of Houston’s 33-23 win over Oklahoma on Saturday:

Investment in Tom Herman’s culture a big-time win

“Trophies and wins, they’re not even close to the relationships and love that you receive and return for loving your guys, and preparing them the right way,” he said. “Anytime that that gratitude is shown toward me, it definitely holds a special place in my heart.”

Herman’s Cougars shock the Sooners in opener

“I’m a lot more comfortable in this offense,” Ward said. “I know the offense just like (it’s) at the back of my mind. There is nothing that we can do on this offense that I won’t know or won’t catch on to it fast.”