Women's Basketball Signs Three for 2017-18

http://www.uhcougars.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/111017aaa.html

“We are extremely blessed and excited about the three young women that we signed in this class,” Hughey said. “We covered all aspects of the game with rebounding, shooting, scoring and passing, plus they are all relentless, hard-working and passionate people.”

“I’m ecstatic to add another high-quality, versatile wing to our roster that will impact both sides of the ball,” Assistant Coach Jamila Ganter said. “Starr can score in multiple ways, play multiple positions and will also exude her strong leadership abilities that will be integral to our program’s success. She will be a good ambassador for the University of Houston and Houston Athletics.”

“I’m excited to have Dymond join our team,” Assistant Coach and Recruiting Coordinator Tai Dillard said. “She is a true point guard that gets the team rolling, and she’s a feisty defender. I’ve watched her for a couple of years now, and she’s been a key piece to the success of her teams. She will come in and be a productive player for us.”

“Tatyana is going to add some depth in the post,” Assistant Coach Vicky Picott said. “At 6-3 with multi-dimensional skills and her athletic ability, she impacts the game on both ends of the floor. She has a soft touch in the low block area and can stretch the floor with perimeter shooting. She also has good instincts on defense and tracking rebounds.”