Wonder Woman 1984

Gal Gadot is beautiful.

That said.

The movie might very well be the worst garbage that I have sat through in a long time. Simply terrible in every sense of the word.

1 Like

Wow, that is saying something. I have been watching movies on YouTube, just the free ones, Roku Channel, and Tubi. There is so much Bantha poodoo there that I am thinking of going into the movie production business. I surely couldnā€™t do worse than much of what passes as film making. But, alas, I have no capital for that or more importantly, connections.

So I just finished it too. Personally I think youā€™re being a bit harsh. Iā€™m not going to try and argue that itā€™s good, itā€™s not. Itā€™s a mediocre film, especially coming off of a pretty good first Wonder Woman. Iā€™m glad I watched it on HBO Max and didnā€™t do something crazy like pay for it in theaters.

Iā€™ve also watched it. I was never expecting The Godfather II, I was expecting a generic paint by number formulaic Super Hero movie and thatā€™s what I got.

It was no where near as good as the first one but it was entertaining.

If you temper your expectations, youā€™ll enjoy it.

I think thatā€™s fair. If you asked me to sum it up in a sentence or less I would go with. ā€œItā€™s fineā€

I like Kristen Wiig, but Iā€™m biased I took an improv class with her before she was on SNL. Everyone in that class knew she would make it. Glad to see her getting cast in a major movie and as the villain.
My household voted on watching Soul over Wonderwoman. Not the best Pixar movie, no songs, but touching as always.

2 Likes

Soul was definitely the right choice. I agree it wasnā€™t the best Pixar movie. But thatā€™s still pretty darn good.

WW84 was disappointing, but it has Gal Gadot.

My buddy has it in his all time worst 5 movies. I wonā€™t go there.

It was more a SyFi movie of the week. But for DC it is not their worst film. Marvel would not even considered the script.

I feel bad for anyone who actually paid for a ticket to see it in a theater.

It had a bad plot, pacing, writing. CGI and ending.

I see how bad plots can happen, but how was the CGI that bad in a movie with a $200MM budget? Iā€™m usually not a person who even notices stuff like that unless itā€™s, like, Arrested Development Season 4 bad.

The CGI was bad. The script was bad. It was too campy. It was too stereotypical of 1984. I lived through 1984. We didnā€™t all wear clothing like that. Not all women had those hairdos.

1 Like

The CGI with Cheetah at the end was awful. One thing I have read about bad CGI. If it is bad make it at night or in the rain to help hide it.

The Last Jedi still suuuuuuuuuucks!!!

3 Likes

I just watched itā€¦itā€™s horribleā€¦I wished the movie was better writtenā€¦

1 Like

Marvel studios would have never approved the script.

The DC ā€œuniverseā€ sucks.

1 Like

Please watch Plan 9 from Outer Space to reset your default settings on worst movie ever.