Worst tackling defense ever?

You think?

I don’t know, we’ve had some bad ones

5 Likes

Hard to argue.

Briles 2004

2 Likes

Maybe, its close.

One of the worst, but we’ve had some bad ones, I think. Probably the worst in TDECU stadium, though.

1 Like

On some of the plays today, I have to question the desire to make a tackle.

3 Likes

Yes.

Sumlin’s first year with Sklandany was Swiss cheese
 but that was due to Case and co lighting it up

Certainly in the conversation.

I have to admit, it is pretty bad. Ability to cover is pretty bad as well. We all knew it was going to be bad. I gues what I’ve been hoping for is improvement. Not making the same mistake over and over. To me, ability to cover is an art. Ability to tackle is not. This is a poor tackling team.

1 Like

Dana Dimel says, hold my beer. Pulls out videos to watch from his teams.

1 Like

The defense definitely didn’t come out with the intensity and ferocity needed to kick butt today.

2 Likes

Tackling is taught in 7th grade.

My take (admittedly one without any real knowledge of X’s or O’s) is there has been a dropoff since around the SMU game. Could be the level of talent of the opponent, schemes, matchups, etc. Or could the team maybe losing some fight, especially when they start to get behind? I dunno. But will plan to go to Navy game and then start looking forward to next year.

1 Like

I think it’s a combination of our lack of talent and the greater talent of the other team. I actually think the coaches are doing a very good job of getting these kids to compete and putting them in position to make plays. The players just aren’t making the plays.

3 Likes

This. I saw one play where our d-back gave up too soon and resulted in a touchdown. Otherwise they played hard against an offense with an NFL quality quarterback and receivers with mad skills, jumping ability, hands and speed. They were just better.

4 Likes

Seemed to me that on some of the runs every man close enough to throw an arm in there was out of position and unable to use his whole body. Like they were moving right and the runner was going left and all they could do is put a hand on 'em.

Were we just half-hearting it, not sharp enough to move with or ahead of the ball?

Errbody needs Grant armspan and orangatan training
 He IS kinda like an orangutan, ain’t he?

Lolololololol
worst tackling defense???

Lolololololololol
you must not be old enough to remember Skladany or Jamie Bryant.

Lolololololololololol

2 Likes

And also you must have been ignoring the previous 3 years of nonsense.

1 Like