Would we show up for College Gameday?

I wonder if it’s a possibility for the UCF game if ESPN is burned out on UK/UT having done it already last week. It’s not as big a deal obviously as it is to get it for football, but would be cool reward for the students/players.

3 Likes

I think so… People are burn out of Duke or UK.

2 Likes

oh yeah, students would be all over it…I think plenty of us older students would show too :wink:

4 Likes

Definitely…students would be out in force.

3 Likes

Lets do this! #nevergraduate

3 Likes

Didnt SMU host one a few years back? We could definitely make it work for one time if they decided to come here.

1 Like

I doubt it is a possibility at this point, you’d think they would have already made their plans by Thursday.

1 Like

Aren’t we showing up by selling out the games?

2 Likes

USF is this Saturday. UCF is the following Saturday so there is still time.

1 Like

The university would need time to plan around it and change the current routine. I can’t picture students going inside the FC 6 hours early just to cheer on camera for 10 minutes, leave for an hour, come back for halftime and continue to do this every hour until our game starts. It would probably work out better to use the indoor practice facility, set up a large TV to broadcast the ESPN games and have a continuous tailgate to keep students and fans energized through the whole game day experience.

1 Like

i was of this mindset for way too long… got the student loan debt to prove it haha

5 Likes

Yes and SMU had a great showing. No reason Houston can’t do the same.

2 Likes

Next week would make lots of sense.

1 Like

I just noticed that they updated the schedule online, that game is scheduled for ESPN. So… maybe…

2 Likes

Kudos on calling it.

4 Likes

Good call

2 Likes

Everyone better show up we don’t want FC half full only for this show!!!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1099369301402943488?s=20

1 Like

We showed up a few years ago in football, we will do the samething this year for basketball…go Coogs!!!

3 Likes

I’m sure the on campus students will pack the camera behind the Game Day crew. With football it was just part of the tailgating we already do before every game. There was no additional effort for fans to be there early. They say more details will be announced Monday. Hopefully they make it a full game day experience to keep fans engaged and on campus from 10am until game time. Need to take advantage of this opportunity.

3 Likes