Wow! Just WOW!

We were down and stinking it up with 12 minutes left in the 4th quarter 16-12, and we WIN 40-16! WOW! This team is special.

1 Like

Just glad to get out of there with a win. Time to move on.

I think coaching and conditioning both mental and physical wins this. We never gave up.

2 Likes

Ward had a very rough game, but showed his mental toughness in that 4th quarter. Never gave up and put the offense on his back on those 2 offensive TD drives. Thank God we have 10 days to recover from this one because that dude got beat up tonight!

2 Likes

Someone on Reddit said “it was the closest blowout he had ever seen” and I completely agree

4 Likes

Good that we got the bad plays out of our system. There will be more focus on lowering penalties and ball security.
Tough game though and good win

2 Likes

Really need to figure out our Guard problem on the O-Line. Neither spot was very impressive and was the reason behind Ward getting hit a lot or the penalties. Maybe its time to give the true freshman (Braylon Jones) a go as he’s supposedly been impressive so far.

Our OLine has definitely not gelled yet, Herman has said as much… but they hung tough and started opening holes in the 4th. Car looked good too.

1 Like

They definitely did better in the 4th quarter. Car did look good. Kind also looks good back there as a quick change of pace back (although that pitch where they were going to throw-back to Ward was badly telegraphed).

Really like to see how we do going forward. Now that we’re out of this meat grinder of what was the 1st 3 games, hopefully the team can settle down and gel.

Only had four penalties. They were just all horribly timed, which also makes me wonder about the refs. They only called six penalties total between UH and Cinci combined, but all of ours were timed to counter big plays or ruin scoring opportunities.

1 Like

The touchdown drive that answered Cincy’s fourth quarter score was a program defining effort. We executed near flawlessly and overcame that penalty on the one. When it was time to stand up and be counted our kids did.

Agree those were huge penalties. Don’t remember when in recent history that we played this sloppy on the road and won the game against a good team.
This team especially is good enough to go all the way if they play a relatively clean game. (limit penalties and ball security) .
Plus I wouldn’t blame the refs on much of the calls…such is the nature of college football…you win some calls you lose some calls.

Otherwise, that was a good effort against a solid Cinci team, on the road on a short week. Fantastic win

1 Like

The coaches see practice everyday so they obviously know what’s best, but I can’t believe that Fontana and Long are better than last year’s guards; Denley and Eloph.

1 Like