Ya woo cougar football

This is how traditions start, just like the coog paw. Love it. Love it so much more than what we are doing pre-game.
YA!!!
Wooo!!!
Cougar Football!!!

2 Likes

#YWCF

We made a cliffs notes version of the Ya Woo Cougar Football origin:

8 Likes

Yes the cougar paw stuck…this one…NO! One is enough!

Baloney. One is never enough. YA WOO COUGARS! New and improved pre-game chant.

5 Likes

You realize the students are mocking the person that said it originally, right? The alleged former UT student.

2 Likes

That’s how the cougar paw started, mocking ut fans.

3 Likes

True, but overall they are turning this guy to a Legend. Yes, it is mockery, but this guy can say, I gave UH a new slogan that the whole fan base now use. (I personally would want to make this guy a Legend in his or his loved ones mind. Maybe a one time thing if we play UT in a bowl game, but not to use every game. Just my opinion, and nothing more.

1 Like

To the tu undergrad student,

If you can’t adapt, overcome, and achieve UH parking lot problems (a problem that ALL UH students have dealt with since time immemorial), life is gonna destroy your ass the first time you have any serious problems!

16 Likes

And, the uta student of some UH course is probably enrolled in that course because he thinks it is easier than the one at uta. He is probably planning on passing it here and then transferring his record to uta.

They were doing that back when I was a student. And then, they failed the course at UH, and I laughed!

8 Likes

Nice write-up from the DC.

3 Likes

Indeed - park elsewhere and ride the darn train to class, you idiot!

1 Like

Got my new twitter handle.

Unlike changing the chant from “Eat 'em up! Rah! Rah! Rah” to “Eat 'em up! Go Coogs Go”, this is a student decision I can live with. Now get off my lawn!

3 Likes

YA WOO COUGAR FOOTBALL!

2 Likes

They need to remake that big flag to Ya Woo.

This could be the turning point of a special season. We were the worst 4-1 team in the history of college football then Ya Woo Cougar Football showed up, we steamrolled everyone in our path including both directional Floridas and won the Fiesta Bowl.

#YWCF

5 Likes

Someone trademark it! Before the tu student realizes the opportunity!

3 Likes

Reminds me of my summer school days in the early 70’s. I’d go to summer school to gain hours since I worked all year long to pay for school. Local students from uta, tamu, baylor, etc would show up in class seeking an easy grade. I got tired of most of them complaining about how hard the classes were. For many their attendance at “Cougar High” became a “Cougar low” grade.
Almost as much fun as watching the old high school buddies who bragged about going to uta and tamu who ended up being put on probation and having to transfer back home or to San Marcos or Sam.

Going to run by Hobby Lobby sometime this week to buy a red t-shirt and transfer paper. I will be wearing a YA WOO COUGAR FOOTBALL t-shirt to the next home game I’m able to attend.

3 Likes

I am going to guess some enterprising person (or persons) will have them for sale around TDECU for the USF game. I remember knock-off UH shirts being sold around campus “back in the day”…

Ya, this feels organic and I like that. Naturally born traditions are the best, most endearing and enduring.

4 Likes