You guys aren't going to believe this, UH to the PAC12

It says WERE this close lol

I agree with this. I don’t think tcu were part of it. They are trying to manipulate the news/rumors to their advantage, especially vis-a-vis the Big12.

2 Likes

Once UT got their SEC invite, they seemed to have lost interest in harming us any further
for now at least

Well the way California is evacuating, most of those fans won’t have to travel far, they’re already in Texas.

6 Likes

The reality is that it just got a lot more expensive for the PAC to add schools then it was last week.

They could have easily grabbed UH and had to deal with AAC buyout. NOW they will most likely have to pay to get UH out of that steep Big12 buyout
which is what $75-80 million for UT/OU.

Very dumb move by the PAC IF they knew they were going to expand in a few years anyway.

Just exponentially more messy.

1 Like

if it means butts in seat and rapid fanbase UH will change its name to a Texas named school too. UH isnt about to drop back down after all the money they have spent.

Pac 12 really thought we were gonna accept a football and men’s ball invite only?

Interesting that this story breaks now at all times. Seems like the Pac thought we would always be easily available , gambled and lost.

We would have accepted it if it was a real offer, over staying in the AAC.

1 Like

UH needs to be an AAU school ASAP and our options will triple.

7 Likes

I believe every word of article.

Bingo!

Of course but we were never gonna say yes to football and Men’s basketball only. Especially with an all-sports Big 12 offer in the other hand.

One article, unsourced and not from a disinterested party, puts TCU in the PAC. TCU is now infected with the “This Close!” virus.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I buy this story at all, but I can see Frog ahead of Tech. I don’t mean this derogatorily but almost no one affiliated with the Pac probably wants to ever set foot in Lubbock unless they have to.

Even with the somewhat light religious affiliation, being a smaller school and not being a major research university, culturally TCU still seems to fit more with the Pac than Tech.

Either way, honestly I kind of like our new B12 conference better than the Pac but would definitely take the Pac invite in a second for stability.

Whether true or not, I like the implication. We’re light years ahead of where we were a few days ago. If you look at the low to middling P5 teams you can see that being in the club is the most important part of remaining there. We just need to use this opportunity to keep growing and we’ll be fine if the super conferences happen.

I’m going to go with
 Sure this totally happened, why not?

1 Like

I have said it before many times we are the PAC’s #1 target if they decide to expand! I don’t know why so many people here keep picking TT, Kansas, TCU, OK State, and other schools over us as the preferred targets of the PAC! Maybe 25 years of being relegated to G5 status and being put down by the Bonghorns and Ags and being called “Cougar High” have destroyed all semblance of self-respect and confidence from the Cougars faithful! Have some self-respect and belief in yourself and your school, y’all!

3 Likes

There’s something to it for UH. No mention of any other School in article. Had my say I like to see TT go with us. Imho TCU could be realistic. We’re going to the PAC 12 eventually have to think like a University President not a AD when it comes to expansion. Besides P12 has great ties with the B1G they walk lockstep together.

1 Like

It’s not about Lubbock vs Ft. Worth; Tech has more DFW-area alumni, higher research output, and higher attendance. There’s not really a clear reason to pick TCU, beyond geographic location.

1 Like