Zach Evans

Nobody is throwing this kid away…Agy Hi will take good care of him…that will be a good fit…and if he doesn’t work out there then I believe our coaches would welcome him with open arms…but even here UH will not put up with the childish things he did at North Shore.
I believe in second chances, and sometimes even third chances, but this kid has divisive mannerisms and will be monitored anywhere he goes…

I remember the first hell day we had my junior year when about 10 of the football players were caught drinking at a high school party. Man that sucked.

We had to play kick off return 1 at a time against the whole team. Had to roll the field for what felt like hours. Ran til forever.

Yep, first of 3 hell days we caught our junior and senior year.

High schoolers high schooling. 2 of those kids the first hell day played for Helton. Another at the Citadel and another at Blinn. Also one at Arkansas State or directional Arkansas.

Those were just for the times we got caught.

2 Likes

No doubt we all made mistakes, especially in our early years…but cussing out your coach in front of the team during a game was uncalled for…and then turning around and, from what I heard, refusing to give up your phone at a team meeting before the state title game is absurd. I think the coach did the right thing and I commend him for standing up for what is right. Heck, that was much, much worse that Jacketgate…lol
As for the kid, not sure how many chances he deserves, but he had better get that “Me” chip off his shoulder…

3 Likes

Instead of giving a 5* his 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, or how many other chances, why not give a good 2 or 3* kid that will bust his butt to perform at the best of his ability, his 1st chance.

It is a priveledge to play football for an FBS team and to get one’s education paid for. Yeah, I know some of the kids go pro, but the rest are really only playing for a chance to better their lives. Why discard those kids instead of coddling the gifted punks?

Probably because a five star has a lot more talent

2 Likes

Man thinking about log rolls makes me wanna puke this very moment! Lol thats old school right there. Hardly see those types of “get rights” anymore. I suppose it depends on how the players respond to redirection.

2 Likes

One of the kids got stuck in a log roll that was basically a circle and we could not talk to him or tell him how much longer to the goal and he wound up throwing up inside his helmet like three times.

1 Like

How do YOU or anybody else know how many chances he’s had? You know somebody, that knows somebody, that knows a player? Again, he’s 17 years old. HE GETS AS MANY CHANCES AS HE IS ALLOWED. If the coach kicks him off of the team, that’s fine and well deserved. But if the coaches want to bring him along slowly and mentor him then let them do that.

You and no one else on this board get to call him a punk. Clearly there’s underlying issues that he’s going to have to fix and that’s fine. Word of advice: never get into coaching and never get into education because we give them more chances than they deserve because we care about them!

Pile on Baylor administration. Pile on Herman and Applewhite, but give the 17 year olds a break!

1 Like

We used to do whistle drills until we dropped to prove we still wanted to be on the team. My guess is this kid along with many others would refuse and leave the field.

Oh, if I were only as righteous as thou.

There are many definitions of a punk. To me one who is so self centered that he thinks rules only apply to other people and cusses out his coach on the sidelines, exhibits punk like behavior. All punks are not criminals. But it is people who constantly overlook such behavior that enables these kids and contribute to their behavior. That is my opinion and certainly you are intitled to yours.

Lol no one is enabling or encouraging HIS behavior. My responses are to the folks who forgot what type of mischief they got into at 17. Some kids drink under age. Some kids skip school. Some kids lash out at their coaches when they dont get their way. That doesnt mean they deserve to be written off and called punks.

No one needs to be blamed. When they had enough they’ll kick him off the team for good. Until then, the young man will continue to get a chance at redemption. And the coaches should be praised for having patience.

1 Like

Like I said, we have a difference of opinion. I still think some kids that do things the right way shouldn’t be written off in hopes of getting something out of kids that don’t.

BTW, I’m not talking about underage drinking or driving fast, I’m talking about disrepect for the coaches, team, and anyone else that doesn’t stroke ones ego.

1 Like

It’s all all the same! Its YOUTH! Forgive them all!

1 Like

Having respect for others is not something you magically learn when you turn 21. Different than poor choices…it’s how you value others long term rather than a hastily made decision.

I would have more confidence in giving a second chance to an individual who went joy riding once or underage drinking than individuals who have a history of disrespect to teachers, coaches, and their teammates.

1 Like

At the end of the day… he is not coming here.

3 Likes

And for some respect is something they’ve not seen or felt growing up. Again, I don’t know that’s the case with this guy. But I know it happens. Some kids grow up where you have to yell the loudest to be heard. Maybe he’s got the fight and the passion but doesn’t know how to direct it.

Or he’s a total spoiled brat. I don’t know him, and don’t know his situation. I can see either being true.

2 Likes

This is why picking on a kid you dont know is childish!

1 Like

Do you actually think the kid knows we are discussing him? He is not being picked on unless it is directed to him. People stating opinions on an opinion board is not picking on the kid and his feelings are not hurt.

looks at the thread title and then sees the posts below it

My word. Mods please intervene. This is getting very ignorant. If that’s the case we wouldn’t have the same rules for picking on our players. It’s not about if they know or not. It’s about adults knowing…and knowing better!

Random poster: “Kid is a jerk”

Random poster 2: "the kid is a punk "

Random poster 3: “the kid is a brat”

Poster with a little sense: “ok the first guy made his point what reasons would you need to repeat it?”

Posters 1-3: “because I can” “I dont know him but my opinion has to be stated”. “I have to repeat the same ignorance that came from some one that doesnt even know the kid”.

Poster with sense: “and what did that do for you?”

Posters 1-3: “…”

face palm

1 Like

Maybe I wasn’t clear. Maybe I should have said, he is not being picked on unless it is directed to him on a personal meassage he will actually read.

I guess there is some remote chance that he reads posts of all boards so he may see it, but really, do you think he reads Coogfans? He has no more interest in UH than the man in the moon.