Zaire Taylor Transferring

Dang. We need more CBs, not less.

Probably gonna have to dip into the grad transfer market again.I could be wrong but after looking at our recruiting classes from 2015 to now the only Scholarship cornerbacks on the roster after this year are Ka’Darian Smith (16), Javian Smith (16), Dj Small (17)

I wish him the best. There are 100 guys on a football team, sometimes things just don’t workout.

4 Likes

Happens, wishing the kid the best moving forward

Yeah it happens, just sucks that it’s at a position of pretty big need.

Good luck to him.

His history here has been a bit strange. If I’m not mistaken he was late to sign with us and late to show up with the other freshman. Also he from CB to RB and then back to CB. Maybe he wasn’t fully invested and therefore not living up to the 3 star hype.

Also, I’ve seen decommits from LSU, TCU and ASU so far today…is it decommit week?

4 Likes

Yeah, you can get lost in the shuffle.

This is unfortunate. Good luck to Taylor wherever he goes.
We need CBs in a hurry. Maybe 5 more this class?

A couple of jc cornerbacks would be nice.

Don’t recall seeing him on the field. Even if he was targeted to be redshirted, should have gotten some playing time by now. What’s the deal? 3 stars/true frosh/CB…must be more to the story (academics?) as to why he hasn’t seen the field. I do wish him the best and am sorry it didn’t work out.

1 Like

With the 4 game rule plenty of transfers nationwide around this time for frosh that have had 0 minutes of PT. Hurts us and other schools that are good at actually developing talent.

That was Jonathan Phenix, who I think is still on the team.

3 Likes

He is not listed as participating in the TSU game. The participation list hasn’t been updated to include the ECU game but Phenix had no stats. So it’s possible he was on the field but had no impact plays. Not sure how often the participation list gets updated.

Last two pages. They only list players that have seen the field in at least one game. ECU not included yet.

Never heard of him but best of luck!

1 Like

Thanks, I was trying to recall on that and wasn’t 100% sure.

But I agree with zx504, I think there is more to the story.

This one shows ECU.

1 Like

Now we know which day they update the stats. :slight_smile:

Coincidental story about Phenix, I’ve known his mom for many years but never knew he was her son. So when I see her we get to talk Cougar football. She is a stylist and had cut my hair a few times many years ago.