1/21/19 - 1/27/19 Games of Interest

Buffalo has only played 7 of their 18 games at home as opposed to us playing 14 out of 19 at home. Their wins on the road against Syracuse and West Virginia are more impressive than our wins at OSU and BYU. They just don’t get the luxury of making as many home and home deals with quality basketball programs as we do so their path is a tougher one than ours.

1 Like

Ok, those two road wins are more impressive however the overall schedule is really poor for them, no reason why they should be ahead of us even before their loss tonight. Seems like voters just take their previous rankings and shift teams up and down slightly depending on what teams did rather than looking at the overall schedule or considering how teams have done after the fact. For instance, WVU was ranked at the time of Buffalo’s win over them, they have a losing record right now but I would bet several voters haven’t really looked back to account for that

I knew it wasn’t you. I have no problem with your opinion that Tech might win the Little 12-2, and they still might. Kansas is way overrated and nowhere near one of the better KU teams.

Correct. They might beat us as I see the game as basically a tossup on a neutral court but to say they would run us out of the gym was well,…

That is still so foul happy!!! holy crap and since it wasn’t a close game there wasn’t a bunch of desperation fouls at the end. AAC refs are horrible.

LSU beats Georgia at home, 92-82.

6 Likes

OSU leading OU at home by six at the half.

1 Like

LSU can light the board up when they’re clicking.

Nice! LSU has 3 very winnable games before they hit a tough stretch. Outside of book-end easier games to start and end Feb, their Feb is tough. If they run that gauntlet with no losses, LSU may leapfrog the Coogs.

And who was the last team to beat LSU? Yeah, that’s right.

3 Likes

Colorado State vs Nevada looks like a 10 year trying to beat their dad in a pick up game

Ok, so 4-1 Memphis is at 4-1 Temple tonight. Do we want Memphis to win this game or does it matter?

1 Like

All I want is for UH to play Temple in a sold out crowd at home and blow them out.

7 Likes

Temple, imo— better to have more NCAA tournament teams and temple has a much better chance than Memphis. Plus UH plays temple twice but Memphis only once. So temple winning helps the SOS.

5 Likes

Well, Temple looks like they came to play tonight. Up 31-15 with 7:38 left in the first half. Quinton Rose is on fire. Already 5-6 from 3 with 18 points.

Also, Memphis is 0-9 from 3.

AAC refs at it again. Temple player with a hard foul on a block attempt (no contact with head or neck), gets called for a Flagrant 2 and is ejected. Announcers strongly disagreeing and rightfully so.

Temple was solidly in control then let Memphis back in it. Temple up 41-33 at the half.

2 Likes

The AAC refs are either malicious or incompetent. When the whole conference complains you have a problem.

1 Like

Cincy up on Tulsa 39-28 at the half.

Sunday from 12-6 looks like its gonna be the most fun all season. 3 best teams all away at 3 next best teams.

2 Likes

Temple is choking this game away.

And now Temple back up by 10. This is a pretty crazy game. I know we should want Temple to win, but I kind of hope Temple is down by 2 late, makes a bucket to tie it at the buzzer, then gets said shot called off. It would make the universe right again.

3 Likes

Jeremiah Martin, the kid that killed us twice last year, is going off. 24 points 7 rebs so far. Keeping Memphis in this one.

I hope Penny never learns to coach.

3 Likes