$10 parking

So I guess the $10 parking fee will be in place for every game this season. I don’t like it. I think it’s crazy to charge that to the causal fan every game. I have no problem paying this for football or big time basketball games, but I think they are making a mistake doing this every basketball game of the year. Your Thoughts?

4 Likes

Should be $5 as there are 15 to 20 home BB games and only 6 FB games.

2 Likes

I park on the street across Scott. It’s free.

5 Likes

I agree that $10 is too much for a basketball game…

4 Likes

You willing to pay $7.00 for nachos but not $10.00 for parking?

7 Likes

First of all, I paid the $10 but I didn’t buy any nachos LOL…now, does that make you feel better?

1 Like

Bing…why pay when there is free parking at UH…

Sorry you don’t think our Coogs are big time.

I would gladly chip in, if the money went to fixing the shot clock. hehe

7 Likes

Now, that is a REAL problem…

Can you ride rail for free with a ticket like football? That would be the ticket.

The other option is to give enough to Cougar Pride to get “free” parking…

1 Like

Park near the rec center. Free and you take the scenic route. Plenty of places around campus that are free

2 Likes

Guys, our ticket prices are moderate to downright cheap. You pay as much for concessions as a movie and no one seems to have a problem. If you don’t like $10. parking, don’t try to go to an Astros game unless you want to park a mile or so from the stadium. We have to pay for the athletics program somehow. Try parking at other comparable universities and see how you like their prices.

4 Likes

It’s a lot cheaper in St. Louis on Saturdays, because you don’t have to pay for parking. If, you park next to a meter. Ironically, the cheapest ticket costs $10. Though, Houston has the cheaper values for any other days, I bet for the students it would be really cheap, considering what universities are doing nowadays. Though, your arena is very sub-par to ours.

HoLd uP! Sub par in what way!?

Wait… now what now?

Mentioned this in another context not long ago, but this is a reason to consider season tix vs. buying individual games or mini plans if you are going to go to several games. If your CP donation level is at $100 or higher (almost any combo of football + basketball gets there) you get a parking pass.

1 Like

Our arena is Subpar?

1 Like

Can’t get the champagne experience by paying Coke prices. $10 parking is actually cheap for most legitimate sporting events.

If you want free parking, park on a nearby city street.

2 Likes

It’s $10 for every game for SMU hoops in the adjacent garages.
You can park on a safe street about 5 blocks away or they don’t seem to tow from a large lot about four blocks away.

1 Like